Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 05:18 PM

20 posts, read 23,847 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I'm 13XX and CB, do you think I'll be able to snag a one bed? I'm 80% AMI!

Can't wait to hear how both of your interviews go! Did you tell them you what bedroom you prefer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 05:19 PM

20 posts, read 23,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valval279 View Post
Hi guys, I'm 13XX and CB, do you think I'll be able to snag a one bed? I'm 80% AMI!

Can't wait to hear how both of your interviews go! Did you tell them you what bedroom you prefer?
I was contacted for documents on 5/5!

Old 05-26-2022, 07:44 PM

155 posts, read 169,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marymary1337 View Post
I have a video eligibility appointment tomorrow-- I'll let you know exactly how it goes and what to expect!
Yesss!! Please lol I’m so nervous. Goodluck!! I hope everything goes well for you girly

Old 05-26-2022, 07:46 PM

155 posts, read 169,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valval279 View Post

You May have a shot because many people probably didn’t pass thru the eligibility with the documentation part. But I will definitely keep you updated. I think during the interview you can tell them. I got for both studio & 1 bedroom 80 AMI but I really do want a 1 bedroom so hopefully there are some available during my interview.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 3,958 times
Welp, just had my interview and it looks like I'm going to have to withdraw. Due to some overtime for a specific project at work (that I have a letter from my employer to state was completely temporary and highly unusual), I was put over the threshold for 80% AMI when my pay stubs were calculated. She did want to proceed for a 1 bedroom at 125% AMI, but there is no way in hell that I can afford that in reality. It sucks because I have been at my current job for 3 years and have never had to work overtime and then happened to do 2 weeks of 58 hours and then...poof! lottery contacted and it appears I make much more money than I do.

Good luck to the rest of you though! For the eligibility meeting, I wouldn't worry much at all. It's 99% just confirming what you put in your requested documents e.g. how many checking accounts do you have? how many people are in your household? do you have an IRA or any other investment accounts? etc. It's all very laid back.

Just know basics like start and end dates for jobs and the rest will be easy breezy.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:45 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,459,821 times
Quote:
Welp, just had my interview and it looks like I'm going to have to withdraw. Due to some overtime for a specific project at work (that I have a letter from my employer to state was completely temporary and highly unusual), I was put over the threshold for 80% AMI when my pay stubs were calculated. She did want to proceed for a 1 bedroom at 125% AMI, but there is no way in hell that I can afford that in reality. It sucks because I have been at my current job for 3 years and have never had to work overtime and then happened to do 2 weeks of 58 hours and then...poof! lottery contacted and it appears I make much more money than I do.

Good luck to the rest of you though! For the eligibility meeting, I wouldn't worry much at all. It's 99% just confirming what you put in your requested documents e.g. how many checking accounts do you have? how many people are in your household? do you have an IRA or any other investment accounts? etc. It's all very laid back.

Just know basics like start and end dates for jobs and the rest will be easy breezy.
Since you want the apartment so much, I would not withdraw, you are taking yourself out that way. With the employer letter, they should NOT be counting that extra income as part of your regular expected pay. I would let them reject you at 80% and then appeal. You have a strong case. Quote back to the agent the section from the handbook on non-recurring income, it is NOT supposed to be considered, and tell them based on that they need to recalculate and that you will be contacting HPD.

You can also call HPD directly and explain your situation (how they are trying to reject you at 80% and explain the proof you have that you should qualify). HPD can intervene on your behalf and contact the agency for you and tell them what they have to do, they did this for me when I had an agent not doing their job properly. The agencies sometimes try to jerk you around, don't let them! Good luck!

Old 05-27-2022, 09:54 AM

39 posts, read 40,509 times
Quote:

I agree with the comment above! Don't withdraw especially since you have documentation and a strong case for appeal. You got this!!!

Old 05-27-2022, 10:08 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,405,809 times
Quote:

I agree with the others do not withdraw and appeal asap. I forget which thread it was in but someone had a similar situation not too long ago due to a bonus that put him over the AMI. He appealed and won.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:12 AM

2,037 posts, read 1,653,205 times
Quote:
Welp, just had my interview and it looks like I'm going to have to withdraw. Due to some overtime for a specific project at work (that I have a letter from my employer to state was completely temporary and highly unusual), I was put over the threshold for 80% AMI when my pay stubs were calculated.
Do not withdraw. Appeal instead. We have seen appeals work. There are some posts about it, and they resemble your situation. If the overtime was not recent perhaps when the review your case that income won’t count anymore.

Section 4-4.G, Page 33 (?)
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 05-27-2022, 10:12 AM

15 posts, read 16,474 times
Has anyone else in the upper hundreds/lower 1000s heard anything re: additional documents or an appt.? I haven't heard anything since I was asked for initial documents on 05/05.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery