Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2022, 01:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,867,789 times

Advertisements

If you are qualified for both studio & 1BR and those units are still available, the marketing agent usually lets you choose which one you prefer. But if either 1BR or studio units are already taken by lower logs then you will be offered/assigned to what's available & you will take it or leave it.

This happened to me, I was qualified for both studio & 1BR units but 1BR were all taken by lower log applicants so the marketing agent told me only studios left & they assigned me to one.

Good luck with the interview!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Hey everyone ,

So you guys know my interview is on Monday .. however I fall under 80% AMI for studio and 1bedroom. Do you think they would give the option to choose between the two I would want to live in during the interview? Or they probably just give me what they want to give me ? I wanted to email them and ask but I didn’t want to seem like a bother. Has anyone ever been in this situation before? If so please give me some insight.

Thanksss so much again !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 01:54 PM

155 posts, read 171,782 times
Thank u so much!

If you don’t mind me asking , what was your log #. My log number is 5??.. think that’s a little too high?

Old 06-03-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
If you are qualified for both studio & 1BR and those units are still available, the marketing agent usually lets you choose which one you prefer. But if either 1BR or studio units are already taken by lower logs then you will be offered/assigned to what's available & you will take it or leave it.

This happened to me, I was qualified for both studio & 1BR units but 1BR were all taken by lower log applicants so the marketing agent told me only studios left & they assigned me to one.

Good luck with the interview!!!
Thank u so much!! That’s good to know. Hopefully there is a 1 bedroom available. I pray lol. I live in a studio now so I kind of just want a 1 bedroom.

If you don’t mind me asking , what was your log #. My log number is 5??.. think that’s a little too high?

Old 06-03-2022, 02:05 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,867,789 times
I won a unit from another lottery, not from One Bell Slip but how they distribute the units is usually pretty much the same I believe.

Quote:
Thank u so much!! That’s good to know. Hopefully there is a 1 bedroom available. I pray lol. I live in a studio now so I kind of just want a 1 bedroom.

Old 06-03-2022, 04:24 PM

644 posts, read 745,552 times
I really hope this process picks up some steam quick haha I really don’t know if it’s a smart idea to be declining the ones am contacted for in hopes to be reached out for this one.

Old 06-03-2022, 05:11 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,787,299 times
That's almost never a good idea, unless your lottery number is sub-10.

Old 06-05-2022, 10:10 AM

137 posts, read 149,325 times
So I have a log #12xx for this building for 80% AMI 1 bedroom but there are only 12 units i this AMI. At first I was so happy like omg that a great log then I saw the amout units and thought damn it what a waste of pretty good log argh what you all think?

Old 06-05-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomChaser View Post
So I have a log #12xx for this building for 80% AMI 1 bedroom but there are only 12 units i this AMI. At first I was so happy like omg that a great log then I saw the amout units and thought damn it what a waste of pretty good log argh what you all think?
It’s a pretty good number. You never know. You May have a shot ! Don’t give up ! Make sure to check your spam emails and also on the housing connect website enable text message alerts so you can get text messages to your phone about the housings you applied for.

Old 06-05-2022, 04:26 PM

644 posts, read 745,552 times
Quote:
It’s a pretty good number. You never know. You May have a shot ! Don’t give up ! Make sure to check your spam emails and also on the housing connect website enable text message alerts so you can get text messages to your phone about the housings you applied for.
Where is the option to allow text messages? I couldn’t find it :/

Old 06-06-2022, 06:27 AM

15 posts, read 16,546 times
In case this is helpful, I got an e-mail on June 3 thanking me for submitting eligibility docs and that they are still processing lower log numbers for mobility, hearing/visual and community board preferences or unit type.

It was nice to at least get a check-in. I do have CB pref though and log #10**, so crossing my fingers and toes that I'll be able to move forward soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery