Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 08:20 AM

333 posts, read 260,142 times

Advertisements

My mind is still on this building lol. It seems like ideal log numbers would be to be between 0-245 . I got excited having a log # in the 2000's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 11:37 AM

92 posts, read 79,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson16 View Post
Yes you're my future neighbor! Glad to know it's not just me suffering in this wait lol, I think the super fast log #s made me think it might all be fast. But I swear, each day feels like two weeks with these lotteries
Yes. Hello, again neighbor!

It feels so long, but it's only been a month since the lottery ended and about two weeks since they sent out log numbers. We both don't have preferences, so they are going over disability, NYC employee, and community board preferences before they get to us. Each applicant is given 10 days to hand in documents every time they request documentation, and they can request documents multiple times. Then comes the long wait time for processing documents. Some people wait months before they get back to them. If you put it into that perspective, it makes sense why we haven't been called yet. We'll likely get a call months from now

Buckle up. It's going to be a lengthy ride neighbor. At least you can rest easy on the fact that you have a 100% chance of being called since there are more units available than our log numbers. No doubt some people will not qualify. Even after going through the preferences, we'll still have a spot It's not a matter of if we'll get called. It's WHEN. We just have to be patient.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower View Post
Yes. Hello, again neighbor!

It feels so long, but it's only been a month since the lottery ended and about two weeks since they sent out log numbers. We both don't have preferences, so they are going over disability, NYC employee, and community board preferences before they get to us. Each applicant is given 10 days to hand in documents every time they request documentation, and they can request documents multiple times. Then comes the long wait time for processing documents. Some people wait months before they get back to them. If you put it into that perspective, it makes sense why we haven't been called yet. We'll likely get a call months from now

Buckle up. It's going to be a lengthy ride neighbor. At least you can rest easy on the fact that you have a 100% chance of being called since there are more units available than our log numbers. No doubt some people will not qualify. Even after going through the preferences, we'll still have a spot It's not a matter of if we'll get called. It's WHEN. We just have to be patient.
Definitely. You guys are super lucky. I hope the process is a smooth one for you both!

Old 05-12-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevie123 View Post
Definitely. You guys are super lucky. I hope the process is a smooth one for you both!
Thank you <3 and I hope you get your spot as well. Good luck to you and everyone who applied.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:08 AM

99 posts, read 81,619 times
TCO was issued Monday so looks like we’ll have action soon

Old 05-18-2022, 08:20 AM

35 posts, read 22,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
TCO was issued Monday so looks like we’ll have action soon
Thanks for that update! I totally forgot to account that step in the process. I read via their website the earliest estimated move in date is next month.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:21 AM

99 posts, read 81,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios_ View Post
Thanks for that update! I totally forgot to account that step in the process. I read via their website the earliest estimated move in date is next month.
Lol yea I saw the same

Old 05-18-2022, 01:57 PM

That's great news! I actually just found the website. I notice they talk about log numbers going in chronological order but not preferences. Can management companies decide on whether to have preferences apply or not?

Old 05-18-2022, 02:20 PM

35 posts, read 22,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevie123 View Post
That's great news! I actually just found the website. I notice they talk about log numbers going in chronological order but not preferences. Can management companies decide on whether to have preferences apply or not?
If preferences were listed in the lottery posting, they have to go in chronological order with those preferences first.

Old 05-20-2022, 12:11 PM

They offered a list of documents they WILL ask. Look over them and make sure you have everything prepared. This is what the site wrote:

You will be asked to submit proof of income and household member verification documents. When you are called for an eligibility appointment, we will provide you with a detailed list of documents needed. In general, you will need:

Government Issued Photo ID
Social Security Numbers (All Household Members)
Children’s Birth Certificates (If Applicable)
6 Most Recent Pay Stubs
Most Recent Tax Returns (All Adult Household Members)
Most Recent W2s (All Adult Household Members)
6 Most Recent Checking Account Statements
1 Most Recent Savings Account Statement
Statements from any investment accounts or annuities
Copy of current lease agreement
Recent Utility Bills (Electricity Gas or Phone)
Employment Verification Letter (If Applicable)
Statement of unemployment earnings (If Applicable)
Proof of Rental Voucher (If applicable)

Good luck to all!

Last edited by kpower; 05-20-2022 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: wanted to change text color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery