Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2022, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 10,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Hey there!

Personally, for me it's been great. This apartment has changed my life for the better lol

Heat, hot water have been amazing. The apartment in itself looks great and I have so much storage (I'm in a 1 bedroom), the elevator is great, my view is amazing even though it's south facing. And I have so much light.

There were issues where too many people were leaving their big packages in our mail room resulting in carriers not stopping by anymore, but management stepped in and asked everyone to collect packages and it looks like it's been for the most part resolved which is nice.

One gross thing is that they found a dead rat in a stairwell one weekend - which was the first anyone had heard of rodents in bldg and there hasn't been anything since so to me it's not a big deal. If there were one in the apartment it would be a different story! Lol

My experience has been great but it all depends on the person, some people may have had issues that I don't know of. But I have zero regrets! I was really really nervous reading things from forum about this building but a lot of them seemed to have resolved and I couldnt be happier. I really love the area too, this has already become my favorite neighborhood. I'm not a fan of Williamsburg and I was afraid it would be same but it feels way more residential which I love. And there's still tons of places to eat nearby (I recommend Paulie Gee's Pizza!)

Anyways, I hope this helps give you some insight! What is your process looking like??

Hi Camomille,

Awesome! I am glad everything is going great so far. I sent documents, just waiting for my next steps. finger cross!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 07:24 PM

6 posts, read 5,935 times
Default high log #

Hi everyone, new here. I probably read every post. I just got contacted this week to submit documents and I have a very high log number (18k+). I submitted everything and its under review. I don't want to get my hopes up as I've done this dance with lottery apartments before but I've never been asked to submit documents w such a high log number. Not sure if this helps but I am a member of the community board. Has anyone w that high a number actually been approved

Last edited by amandaelle; 12-16-2022 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-16-2022, 07:59 PM

196 posts, read 178,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaelle View Post
Hi everyone, new here. I probably read every post. I just got contacted this week to submit documents and I have a very high log number (18k+). I submitted everything and its under review. I don't want to get my hopes up as I've done this dance with lottery apartments before but I've never been asked to submit documents w such a high log number. Not sure if this helps but I am a member of the community board. Has anyone w that high a number actually been approved
Hey! Congrats - let us know how it goes. To me it seems like they are still many apartments to fill so I think you still have very good chances.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:41 AM

8 posts, read 10,722 times
Hi, you all!

My application was sent to HPD! How many days should I wait? I am so happy, but i don't want to get over-excited lol

Thank you in advance for any inside. Happy holidays!

Old 12-21-2022, 12:29 PM

30 posts, read 28,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slytherinsalazar View Post
Hi, you all!

My application was sent to HPD! How many days should I wait? I am so happy, but i don't want to get over-excited lol

Thank you in advance for any inside. Happy holidays!
Congrats!!!! That’s great news from memory it was about a week and a half / two weeks to receive approval from HPD for me, though this was the beginning of October - timing may be different currently, and hopefully you won’t be waiting too long. You really are in the home stretch now though!

Old 01-05-2023, 01:45 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,402,143 times
anyone know what log # they are up to?

Old 01-05-2023, 07:10 PM

213 posts, read 216,452 times
my log is 9xxx no cb i wonder if i even have a chance here lol

Old 01-06-2023, 07:00 AM

29 posts, read 40,454 times
My log is 21,5## w/ CB and it's said Pending since mid-December, but no request for docs. Seems like they are out of 1BR and moved on to general list.

Old 01-07-2023, 10:34 AM

51 posts, read 40,260 times
Camo! You're moved in, congrats!

Old 01-20-2023, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk0601 View Post
My log is 21,5## w/ CB and it's said Pending since mid-December, but no request for docs. Seems like they are out of 1BR and moved on to general list.
Hi, im 18,6xx and documents were requested. I reached out and they said still under review and applicants w lower log numbers still being processed. Im also CB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery