Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2022, 11:09 AM

51 posts, read 40,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
With all due respect you sounds very washy washy lol Pick A Side!
out of all of us you the only one threatening to go to court!

We just let incoming tenants knows what they should expect, that's all!

I had the option of two lotteries (Greenpoint & LIC,) i took that one because its closer to work (transportation is easier) but have i had all the information that is in the forum back then, I would have taken the other one.

NOBODY in this forum accentuates on the dishwasher. We compare other buildings that is listed in the area through HC that is 1) cheaper 2) with more amenities than US.

The one constant complaint here has always been heating and hot water!

For your reference regarding the electricity bill, WE, the tenant pays the bills so its make the arguments moot.

The other user CM-something, I don't think this forum is for you since you are related to the owners. Maybe let us 'paying tenant' discussed this matter. You are welcome!
Sometimes i have to play devils' advocate.

Maybe I worded that wrong... what i mean is that the cost of the lighting and the engineering part if it isnt gonna be worth it for them to put all those overheads in.

There are a lot of expenses for a building like that to even stand ground. I understand we pay utilities of course, I just don't feel that those lights are such a big issue. Heat and hot water on tenants' side 200 percent. That's not really wishy-washy. Some things I can agree with and some not.

Literally one of the first posts- someone complained about no dishwasher.

Either way, i hope you like your apt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 06:24 PM

196 posts, read 177,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahavcara View Post
Hey Camomille. I had a woman named Chicon from the city5 consultant first, then nami from halcyon. I had HPD approve 5 business days after she sent my paperwork in. I know that the Jewish high holidays end the 19th, so the people who run the leasing and management office are all closed and off until then. HPD I think is only closed a couple of days i think.

Who is your worker?

I saw the place, its like a big square, (okay size for one person) but doable and lots of light. My biggest thing was a short commute, to be honest and that was avail there, so i would want to take it. Hoping for the best of course!
Oh got you, that makes sense!! Thanks for the insight. I felt like that was the reason but since I thought that some were hearing back even during the holidays and not me, I got nervous LOL

I have Maria and she's great but hasn't been responsive ever since documents were sent to HPD. I called HPD directly and they didn't really give me an answer so I guess I'll just wait until the 20th...

Hope for the best for you too!!

Old 10-15-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Oh got you, that makes sense!! Thanks for the insight. I felt like that was the reason but since I thought that some were hearing back even during the holidays and not me, I got nervous LOL

I have Maria and she's great but hasn't been responsive ever since documents were sent to HPD. I called HPD directly and they didn't really give me an answer so I guess I'll just wait until the 20th...

Hope for the best for you too!!
Does it say anything like "review in progress or "review complete" on your Housing connect page? After she had sent my things to HPD i heard back 5 days later (this was before holidays) and my Housing connect said "review complete" 2 days after it started to say that I got the email that the file was approved and i needed to set up the tour.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Does it say anything like "review in progress or "review complete" on your Housing connect page? After she had sent my things to HPD i heard back 5 days later (this was before holidays) and my Housing connect said "review complete" 2 days after it started to say that I got the email that the file was approved and i needed to set up the tour.
I just checked it just says under review for now... We'll see I guess. But good to know! I'll keep checking LOL

Old 10-17-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
It says review complete now! Woohoo!

Old 10-17-2022, 11:44 AM

29 posts, read 27,933 times
Quote:
It says review complete now! Woohoo!
Great news!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrooklyn View Post
Great news!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
Thank you, I'm so happy!!! Hope you get to see yours soon

Old 10-17-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Thank you, I'm so happy!!! Hope you get to see yours soon
Yay!! So I cannot be a hundred on this but I think like 99 percent of people who get review complete get approved. Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday you hear something! Are you also looking at a studio? On my TIC paper there was a unit number already there. Yours prob is also?

Old 10-17-2022, 01:59 PM

21 posts, read 22,159 times
Congrats all!

Old 10-17-2022, 02:11 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
Congrats! Are you all in CB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery