Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2022, 10:55 AM

196 posts, read 179,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
Went for lease signing and they were very straight forward with all the questions… and yes I will be able to do light fixtures as long as I leave the apartment the way it is when I move out… Happy and exited, after almost 12 years of applying for affordable housing we finally won one…. Maria was very helpful in every step unlike other lotteries I got selected they would straight up say “you don’t qualify” Moving date 11/01/22
Amazing!!! Congrats!!!! It's a good feeling. And yes Maria is the best.
What about paint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 11:14 AM

23 posts, read 21,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Amazing!!! Congrats!!!! It's a good feeling. And yes Maria is the best.
What about paint?
Anything you do has to be back to how it was when you move in… can’t change appliance

Old 10-21-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Anything you do has to be back to how it was when you move in… can’t change appliance
Good to know, thanks !

Old 10-21-2022, 12:41 PM

51 posts, read 40,479 times
Quote:
Great news, congrats! I was going to be nosy and ask you did you happen to ask anything about other amenities, or the construction outside? I dont know why I didnt think of this when i was there! Thanks!

Old 10-21-2022, 01:05 PM

23 posts, read 21,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahavcara View Post
Great news, congrats! I was going to be nosy and ask you did you happen to ask anything about other amenities, or the construction outside? I dont know why I didnt think of this when i was there! Thanks!
I did ask about bike storage ($25 monthly per bike). Recreation room will be an amenity for tenants, parking will have a fee but they said a lot of things are still under construction and will let tenants know as they are finish. Roof top as stated in the lease it’s prohibited to go ☹️… laundry is paid and will be giving a card the day you pick up the keys….and once move in the will send an email to join a group that will update about amenities

Old 10-21-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I did ask about bike storage ($25 monthly per bike). Recreation room will be an amenity for tenants, parking will have a fee but they said a lot of things are still under construction and will let tenants know as they are finish. Roof top as stated in the lease it’s prohibited to go ☹️… laundry is paid and will be giving a card the day you pick up the keys….and once move in the will send an email to join a group that will update about amenities
They didn't specificy what was under construction really I guess...? Bummer for the rooftop!

Old 10-22-2022, 05:24 AM

31 posts, read 29,548 times
Hi all - I toured the building and my unit yesterday (Tower A). Overall really nice - the studio unit I saw was certainly small, but doable I thought. Nice views, lovely kitchen + bathroom. A couple of small dings on cabinets, paint splatter etc. but not a huge issue (these are all things I had seen others here describe, so I knew what to expect!). For internet, you can get either Verizon or Spectrum. Video intercom in the unit was neat. Looks like they are indeed in the process of building out a courtyard on the side of the building closest to Bushwick Inlet, I saw some newly-planted trees.

A notable issue was that there was no hot water when I ran the taps in my unit. Obviously brought this up to the agent and was told that this may be an ongoing issue until the building is at capacity. This definitely worried me…. to what degree would I have to deal with no hot water upon move-in? Not sure about this. I’ll speak with the leasing office at the beginning of this week and see what they say, I suppose.
Can anyone else who’s currently living in the building please chime in on the hot water issue, specifically?

As for heat in the unit - it was pretty hot yesterday with the sun beating in (thermostat read 78!) so can’t really speak to the heating.

The building itself: nice big laundry room for Tower A (LG machines), big bike room, didn’t see the rec room, was told the gym is a rumor and that it may or may not be a thing. Two elevators to service Tower A. Refuse/trash room on each floor; the one on my floor looked pretty clean. Super is not live-in, works 9-5.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:08 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,440,073 times
If they have people living there hot water needs to be running.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:18 AM

21 posts, read 22,429 times
The hot water works, we have been working thru it with management, until the building is full you just have to run the shower for a while before it’s hot. It’s not a big deal ultimately and should improve with more units full

Old 10-22-2022, 08:31 AM

31 posts, read 29,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm605 View Post
The hot water works, we have been working thru it with management, until the building is full you just have to run the shower for a while before it’s hot. It’s not a big deal ultimately and should improve with more units full
Thank you this is reassuring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery