Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 11:13 AM

214 posts, read 220,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
Thank you all! This is my very first time submitting documents... I'm so nervous...
I have only submitted documents once, but then they ran out of available units in my size, so I didn't get one. My fingers are crossed for you. The housing struggle is real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 11:19 AM

246 posts, read 236,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
I have only submitted documents once, but then they ran out of available units in my size, so I didn't get one. My fingers are crossed for you. The housing struggle is real!
ugh so sorry. I've seen a couple of comments from people who couldn't get the unit for various reasons I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:28 AM

57 posts, read 54,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
Thank you all! This is my very first time submitting documents... I'm so nervous...
W/D is like MAKING it in NYC, already seems meant to be, good luck!

Old 05-24-2022, 08:06 PM

33 posts, read 18,283 times
Hey everyone, I just submitted docx for this lotto... My log is 1Xx and I'm going for the 1 bdr. I feel as if I'm not about to get my hopes up with this one b/c there's only one unit available, which is annoying. But, good luck to everyone on this post who's applying! This lotto process is sooo stressful!

Old 05-25-2022, 04:01 AM

I’m kinda assuming it’s filled already? If not I think you have a great chance!

Old 05-26-2022, 08:42 PM

33 posts, read 18,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
I’m kinda assuming it’s filled already? If not I think you have a great chance!
Yeah, I'm thinking the same

Old 06-01-2022, 06:20 AM

28 posts, read 24,751 times
My log number is 7xx. Does anyone know what log number they are current up to (in the 100s, 200s, etc)? I really hope we can get a two bedroom. Also, I had a chance to view the units for this same building when it first went on Housing Connect, does anyone know if the 2br units are the same size this time around or smaller (because the rent went down a bit)? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-01-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmnyc78 View Post
My log number is 7xx. Does anyone know what log number they are current up to (in the 100s, 200s, etc)? I really hope we can get a two bedroom. Also, I had a chance to view the units for this same building when it first went on Housing Connect, does anyone know if the 2br units are the same size this time around or smaller (because the rent went down a bit)? Thanks in advance!
No idea, honestly (I'm 17XX, so you'll hear before me). I am going for a 1BR though, so we're not "competing" with each other... I do sorta wonder if the units that are left are the least desirable of all the lottery units though since presumably the prior winners got to choose their units, ya know? So perhaps these are the ones that people passed over... Or perhaps they were occupied and then had to be vacated? Really no idea! I'm guessing it's more so a situation where they just couldn't find people to fill them though since the rent did go down... An update of some sort would be great!

Old 06-01-2022, 01:14 PM

246 posts, read 236,547 times
My log number is #2xx and I submitted my docs on 5/12. I followed up with the agent about a week later and was told I should expect to receive an update on my status in about 3-6 weeks, based on my number. Not sure if I have a chance to win Centennial :/

Old 06-21-2022, 01:49 PM

Anyone ever wind up moving in??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery