Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 02:03 PM

16 posts, read 15,584 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been asked to see the apartments yet at Astoria west?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 07:33 AM

214 posts, read 219,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityworker7 View Post
Has anyone been asked to see the apartments yet at Astoria west?
Hey, nice screen name So my friend is not on the forums, nor is he a lottery candidate, but he did view one of the 2BRs.. He found it to be small for the price tag. He also called the pool "more of a paddle pool" due to it's smaller size. I'm curious to see what anyone in here has to say though as well!

Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 AM

16 posts, read 15,584 times
Yes I liked yours, so used similar lol. It’s easy

I’ve submitted my docs and I’m under review. *fingers crossed*

Did your friend mention anything about that shuttle transportation to the subway? I’m hearing it’s only for certain times anything else you can remember your friend mentioning?

This waiting is agonizing.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Did your friend mention anything about that shuttle transportation to the subway? I’m hearing it’s only for certain times anything else you can remember your friend mentioning?

He works from home, so he didn't really inquire about the shuttle I don't think... He just mentioned that the square footage for the 2BR was low and he thought that for the price, the extra fees associated with all the amenities were just too high. But again, this is for market rate. Although, one thing I'm curious about is what all of those fees will be for lottery tenants AFTER the first year when the discount disappears...

Old 06-16-2022, 03:00 PM

229 posts, read 241,933 times
Quote:

I just visited this building .
Shuttle is from 7 to 10am and 5 to 8pm starting July 1st

Last edited by syad8486; 06-16-2022 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Mistake on hours

Old 06-16-2022, 03:41 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,469,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Do you know how frequently? Or is it just the bus going back and forth constantly during those hours?

Old 06-16-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
How were the apartments?

Old 06-16-2022, 04:49 PM

229 posts, read 241,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
How were the apartments?
I didn't see that much because the building is not ready yet. However, the pool and gym are ready.
I got shown 3 one bed. One was facing the water ( west side ), about 650 sqft with two walk in closet. Second one was facing the street, smaller and the view wasn't that great. Finally, the third one was also 650 sqft with a patio. Apartment number 1 and 3 are my favorite.

The location is not bad but it's far from the subway station but a shuttle will be running during rush hours.

The selling point of most of this new building are the amenities and that's the way they justify the small size of the apartment. The goal is to make as much money by squeezing people.

Final word: This is a VERY NICE BUILDING

Below are the cost for amenities ( market rate tenant)

$20 per person per month (discounted rate for first year) for amenities
$295/$315/$320 monthly valet garage parking (sedan/high vehicle/EV)
$25 per pet per month pet fee
$700 pool club membership fee (optional) – prorated to $475 for the season July 1- Labor Day Weekend.
Free internet access for the first 6 months. Thereafter:
"Super internet" - $39/month
"Quantum internet" - $49/month

Old 06-16-2022, 05:04 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,845,877 times
$25/pet/month??? I have two cats so $50 x 12 mos = $600/year!!! Whaaaaa...?!!!!

Old 06-21-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I didn't see that much because the building is not ready yet. However, the pool and gym are ready.
I got shown 3 one bed. One was facing the water ( west side ), about 650 sqft with two walk in closet. Second one was facing the street, smaller and the view wasn't that great. Finally, the third one was also 650 sqft with a patio. Apartment number 1 and 3 are my favorite.

The location is not bad but it's far from the subway station but a shuttle will be running during rush hours.

The selling point of most of this new building are the amenities and that's the way they justify the small size of the apartment. The goal is to make as much money by squeezing people.

Final word: This is a VERY NICE BUILDING

Below are the cost for amenities ( market rate tenant)

$20 per person per month (discounted rate for first year) for amenities
$295/$315/$320 monthly valet garage parking (sedan/high vehicle/EV)
$25 per pet per month pet fee
$700 pool club membership fee (optional) – prorated to $475 for the season July 1- Labor Day Weekend.
Free internet access for the first 6 months. Thereafter:
"Super internet" - $39/month
"Quantum internet" - $49/month
Thanks for the wrap-up! I know you mentioned those amenities rates are for the market rate tenants, but did they give any indication what prices would be for lottery tenants after the discount period? Or maybe they're the same... Also, were you offered an apt. there and if so are you going to take it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery