Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 08:00 AM

16 posts, read 15,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Wow that was fast. How's the lottery apartment views? Good luck !
The views we have are of the green courtyard space in the middle. I’m guessing based on our apt preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 09:16 AM

229 posts, read 241,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityworker7 View Post
The views we have are of the green courtyard space in the middle. I’m guessing based on our apt preferences.
Nice. I know the courtyard that you are talking about in building # 2 . It's lovely and peaceful. The first floor got few apt with private patio.
And what did you mean by our apt preference? They didn't show you any apt with views of the city ?

Old 07-07-2022, 04:11 PM

We had certain preferences in our apt survey such as not near certain things and on a certain side, based on that they chose 2-3 apts to show us.

Wish we could have chosen the patio but there’s a wait list, only 2 available for the lottery. Based on that and our log # my partner and I didn’t want to wait for that.

Also someone asked before about amenities, I was told $10 a month after the promotional period $20.

Old 07-07-2022, 04:19 PM

64 posts, read 59,920 times
Quote:
We had certain preferences in our apt survey such as not near certain things and on a certain side, based on that they chose 2-3 apts to show us.

Wish we could have chosen the patio but there’s a wait list, only 2 available for the lottery. Based on that and our log # my partner and I didn’t want to wait for that.

Also someone asked before about amenities, I was told $10 a month after the promotional period $20.
Apt survey?? There was no mention of that on the FAQ's. I felt the FAQ's were pretty detailed compared to other buildings.

I know there are only 2 left for the patio apartments. I don't want a patio but did they happen tell you how many apt was left for the lottery in general?

Old 07-07-2022, 04:42 PM

229 posts, read 241,771 times
Quote:

Wow. not bad. I would love the patio. And I would't mind waiting for it lol. Do you know if the patio come with 1 bed or 2 bed apt ?

Old 07-07-2022, 10:12 PM

When they schedule your viewing they send you a survey about your preferences,1 br, 2 br etc. Since we are only interested in 1 br they showed us those with our survey preferences. The leasing agent was amazing to work with, very detailed.

As far as how many apts are left I do not know. Hell I don’t even know if we’re getting one yet lol. Have to wait for HPD. Everything is just a waiting game at this point. *fingers crossed*

Personally we didn’t want to wait for Patio, pretty sure they would have been gone and didn’t want to be skipped over and wait listed.

Old 07-07-2022, 10:27 PM

6 posts, read 6,302 times
Log number 16, initially had my documents rejected. Appealed and won. Have my viewing scheduled in 2 week. They send you a survey to figure out what you prefer, and supposedly they show you three apartments based on that.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:44 AM

4 posts, read 2,930 times
I'm a little confused about how many units are available.

The original lottery posting https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2698 says 36 units

but I saw this press release from the building https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/07/ast...ia-queens.html and it says there are 534 units total and 30% of them are designated for affordable housing which would put that number closer to ~160 units.

I wonder why the discrepancy?

Old 07-08-2022, 09:32 AM

644 posts, read 736,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideQueens View Post
I'm a little confused about how many units are available.

The original lottery posting https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2698 says 36 units

but I saw this press release from the building https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/07/ast...ia-queens.html and it says there are 534 units total and 30% of them are designated for affordable housing which would put that number closer to ~160 units.

I wonder why the discrepancy?
It's possible they are doing in it in phases. Big buildings tend to do that

Old 07-08-2022, 09:34 AM

4 posts, read 2,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
It's possible they are doing in it in phases. Big buildings tend to do that
Ahhh! That makes sense. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery