Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 08:12 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,859,224 times

Advertisements

My log was #2xx when I won one of (only) 16 units offered in the lottery. Even after I won, there were still two units left. In your case, your log is 2xx to win one of 145 units?!!! You'll get one, provided you are qualified & all of your paperwork is checked. My only advice is, just be patient with the process i.e. when they contact you to submit paperwork, when they review them, how long the HPD approval will take, etc. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsonsnb View Post
I believe they only have 145 units open.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 04-18-2022 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 08:21 PM

453 posts, read 503,512 times
Quote:
Yes, this is my first lottery experience. Well, that’s exciting. Fingers crossed.
It is indeed! Beginners luck or something. Congrats! I hope it works out for you

Old 04-18-2022, 08:31 PM

I never noticed it until you said it. I checked out StreetEasy, it's indeed big difference between market rate & lottery apartments but it's still nice brand new appliances so hopefully it won't be a dealbreaker to those who win the units

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
What I noticed about 196 willoughby is the market rate apartments are totally different from the lottery apartments ...the market rate looks more expensive and has different appliances and finishes

Old 04-18-2022, 09:23 PM

800 posts, read 739,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
My log was #2xx when I won one of (only) 16 units offered in the lottery. Even after I won, there were still two units left. In your case, your log is 2xx to win one of 145 units?!!! You'll get one, provided you are qualified & all of your paperwork is checked. My only advice is, just be patient with the process i.e. when they contact you to submit paperwork, when they review them, how long the HPD approval will take, etc. Good luck!
I think I read on a dif thread that you won an apt at Summit? If so, congrats! I was contacted for this (log 5xx) however I was living with my ex at the time and he didn’t want a 1 bedroom. We broke up & I moved out 2 months later anyway smh! I never submitted document. I regret it every single day.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:01 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,705,792 times
Quote:
Yes, this is my first lottery experience. Well, that’s exciting. Fingers crossed.
If you applied as a two person household with a household income of $111K you qualify for all the units in the lottery. I say this because what you want to occur is for units still left that you qualify for when your number is called. If you are lone person household you won’t qualify for the 27 two bedroom units.

At ~ $2500, $2700, and $3200 per month it’s likely that some log# lower than yours will decide it’s too much even it’s a good value.

Without going into detail, it is surprising how much attrition there is among applications. This benefits you. You have to wait and see. It can be excruciating. It’s a new building so it might be months before it’s allowed to have occupancy. You will be surprised how much paperwork you might have to submit but I recommend you do it because you have a good chance. Just keep thinking of the applicants with lower log# that give up because it’s such an aggravating process.

Check out the handbook for paperwork you will likely have to provide. Lots of details about income and income sources. Circumstances might require you to produce notarized letters, it’s not hard but it’s another task.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 04-18-2022 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Add rent info

Old 04-19-2022, 07:51 AM

Yes, I did win a unit over there, thanks! Did you apply the first lottery in 2018 or Phase II in 2020 when you got contacted to submit paperwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
I think I read on a dif thread that you won an apt at Summit? If so, congrats! I was contacted for this (log 5xx) however I was living with my ex at the time and he didn’t want a 1 bedroom. We broke up & I moved out 2 months later anyway smh! I never submitted document. I regret it every single day.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:34 AM

800 posts, read 739,051 times
Phase II!

Old 04-20-2022, 06:54 AM

Your log was 5XX & did they already offer you a 1BR unit in Phase II or that was what you aimed for? Because my log was 2XX & they said all 1BR units were already taken (I was qualified for both 1BR & studio), the only left were studios & I got the last alcove studio they had because another lower log applicant turned it down. After that, they told me there were only two studios left. Perhaps if you did submit your paperwork they would offer you one of those two studios instead of 1BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
Phase II!

Old 04-20-2022, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
Hi,

I am new to this and this was my first application. Where do you see the log number?

I just received an email "Outreach for Eligibility screening for a unit at 196 Willoughby Street "WILLOUGHBY""

Your log number has been reached for further processing for: WILLOUGHBY Located at: 196 Willoughby Street, Brooklyn NY 11201.

THIS IS ONLY A NOTICE TO [SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT] or [SUBMIT DOCUMENTS] FOR FURTHER PROCESSING.

what does it mean?

Thanks!!

Old 04-20-2022, 08:55 AM

453 posts, read 503,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkas View Post
Hi,

I am new to this and this was my first application. Where do you see the log number?

I just received an email "Outreach for Eligibility screening for a unit at 196 Willoughby Street "WILLOUGHBY""

Your log number has been reached for further processing for: WILLOUGHBY Located at: 196 Willoughby Street, Brooklyn NY 11201.

THIS IS ONLY A NOTICE TO [SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT] or [SUBMIT DOCUMENTS] FOR FURTHER PROCESSING.

what does it mean?

Thanks!!
Log into housing connect, and you'll find the section for "my applications" on the drop down menu next to your name. Find the application for Willoughby and your log number should be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery