Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 11:36 AM

9 posts, read 4,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaDelRey View Post
It's only beneficial if the building has a municipal employee preference. Most of the lottery buildings do and for 5 or 6% of the overall affordable units.

One would think it would be easier to verify city employment over someone who works in the private sector but nope! I wonder if HPD is requesting the verifications by mail and waiting for the response to be mailed back...
Lol! Omg that might actually be it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 2,277 times
Hey, any updates? My application still says “under review.” I called HPD and they said it’s with DOI (dept of investigation), the process for all city employees. This is a long waiting game….

Old 04-18-2022, 09:43 AM

290 posts, read 325,080 times
I am a city employee as well. Took them 15 days for HPD to approve.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
I am a city employee as well. Took them 15 days for HPD to approve.
Wow, do you know if that was 15 business days? Or 15 days in total?

Old 04-18-2022, 09:53 AM

290 posts, read 325,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHopefull View Post
Wow, do you know if that was 15 business days? Or 15 days in total?
15 business days. Then I got a call from the agent saying I was approved and then they set up a day for me to view the unit. After HPD approves and if the building is move in ready…everything thereafter moved pretty quickly.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
15 business days. Then I got a call from the agent saying I was approved and then they set up a day for me to view the unit. After HPD approves and if the building is move in ready…everything thereafter moved pretty quickly.
Okay, thank you. It’s been 5 business days for me so it looks like I might be waiting another couple of weeks. I was told my move in date was may 1, but I guess that won’t be happening.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:02 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Default Many holidays around this time

“Western” Holy Week just ended with Easter yesterday. Orthodox Holy Week just started, if they is correct to say, Orthodox Easter is this Sunday. Passover started a few days ago. It is Ramadan until May 1, I think. City government is very inclusive of holidays. Is it school vacation week? All of this adds up to many people takings vacation time. And C19 too. These things can slow a process.

If the City hired more people and upgraded tech and trained people on it things would go faster but I won’t claim that it should be tops on the priority list for new City funds.

Having a Municipal Employee preference might be the difference between getting the unit you want and/or getting a unit at all. Particularly if the lottery is small or the size/Ami unit sought is not plentiful.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:19 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaDelRey View Post
It's only beneficial if the building has a municipal employee preference. Most of the lottery buildings do and for 5 or 6% of the overall affordable units.

One would think it would be easier to verify city employment over someone who works in the private sector but nope! I wonder if HPD is requesting the verifications by mail and waiting for the response to be mailed back...
Just speculation, policies might have to be concerned about hacking, stalkers, and ID theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery