Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 11:55 AM

60 posts, read 50,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
Ah I see. I hope the fates allow me to win this one! It's actually a rerental in the building I currently live in! I love living here, and this would cut my rent in half. Feels like too much of a coincidence for it to not work out but the mixed income thing makes this such a *****. Thanks for your input!
good luck! the marketing agent helping me was so cool and super helpful so, hopefully you'll find the same. i know there is an actor's fund organization that helps folks who work in the arts with this kinda stuff, if you fit the bill i can dig up the info somewhere for you. hope it all works out, paying so much less in rent is a real game changer for sure.

during the process they did come back asking for more and more documents and i sent immediately each time. it seemed to drag on and on, luckily i am slightly ocd and organized and some people find the process stressful and feel they ask for way too much but, i just went with it and in the end it was worth it for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 03:54 PM

58 posts, read 32,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillager2020 View Post
good luck! the marketing agent helping me was so cool and super helpful so, hopefully you'll find the same. i know there is an actor's fund organization that helps folks who work in the arts with this kinda stuff, if you fit the bill i can dig up the info somewhere for you. hope it all works out, paying so much less in rent is a real game changer for sure.

during the process they did come back asking for more and more documents and i sent immediately each time. it seemed to drag on and on, luckily i am slightly ocd and organized and some people find the process stressful and feel they ask for way too much but, i just went with it and in the end it was worth it for sure.
Yes I do know of the Actor's Fund housing haha you correctly guessed I'm a performer. I also do other work on my own so I get both w-2's and 1099s, plus was on unemployment for a lot of 2020 and 2021. Glad to hear you got someone cool and helpful, hopefully I get the same! Thanks!

Old 04-21-2022, 07:56 PM

2,145 posts, read 1,760,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
Yes I do know of the Actor's Fund housing haha you correctly guessed I'm a performer. I also do other work on my own so I get both w-2's and 1099s, plus was on unemployment for a lot of 2020 and 2021. Glad to hear you got someone cool and helpful, hopefully I get the same! Thanks!
Take a look at the options on this page. Maybe there is someone with the experience you need.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...bassadors.page

Old 04-25-2022, 11:59 AM

58 posts, read 32,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Take a look at the options on this page. Maybe there is someone with the experience you need.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...bassadors.page
Thank you! And if anyone has any further info on my initial inquiry about how rerentals work that would be great, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery