Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2023, 02:09 PM

121 posts, read 88,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Been first how? If they didn’t get to choose a unit first there has been no harm and no foul. (Did they get a lease yet?).

A higher log# might be ahead in the paperwork chase but as long as they don’t take a unit away from a lower log# no harm has occurred by letting the higher log# be processed. Wait times would increase if they waited for paperwork to arrive and be processed for the lowest log# before touching the higher ones, indeed if the lower log# never responded or failed to qualify.

Although there are now preference categories here that I am aware of, some might exist. Visual and Mobility disability are examples. Perhaps a higher log# has such a qualification.
There isn’t any CB , there is only studios left for Ami 70% and person confirm that they was in same Ami

I haven’t had my paper work sent to hpd yet awaiting for lower log number than me but I do see some people have been been already approve by hpd

Your are right I’m going to wait to see if they do sign lease
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 02:32 PM

143 posts, read 98,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Of course anyone can access the Handbook. There are many posts about it.
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...g-handbook.pdf
Thank you, I'll look through this.

Old 07-24-2023, 03:33 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_mies View Post
Thank you, I'll look through this.
My pleasure. I can’t claim it will address this particular controversy for this particular building, or not. It is, however, an excellent resource for info on the lottery process.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:46 AM

Hey everyone!

No update from me yet, it's still radio silent. But I do have a question. Does anyone know when you get to view the apartment? Is it before your documents get sent to HPD or is it after they get sent to HPD and you get approved?

Thank you!

Old 07-28-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_mies View Post
Hey everyone!

No update from me yet, it's still radio silent. But I do have a question. Does anyone know when you get to view the apartment? Is it before your documents get sent to HPD or is it after they get sent to HPD and you get approved?

Thank you!
I ask before they inform me once hpd approves

Old 07-28-2023, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylove2020 View Post
I ask before they inform me once hpd approves
Ah I see so after HPD approves you then you get to view the apartment and sign the lease that day I'm guessing.

Mylove2020, have you heard anything from them? I know it's only been a couple of days, the silence makes me nervous!

Old 07-28-2023, 10:15 AM

Hey no not since they phone call i type of email for hpd just awaiting to send

Old 07-28-2023, 10:22 AM

I'm wondering if people in between our log numbers withdrew their apps due to the size of the apartment. Even if it's small I'll definitely take it.

Old 07-28-2023, 09:56 PM

23 posts, read 16,546 times
I received approval letter then was instructed to make 2 appointments: 1 to view the apartment and the other is lease signing. You must sign the lease within 30 days of the approval letter and bring two checks / money orders in the amount of rent with you

Old 07-29-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukepharmD View Post
I received approval letter then was instructed to make 2 appointments: 1 to view the apartment and the other is lease signing. You must sign the lease within 30 days of the approval letter and bring two checks / money orders in the amount of rent with you
The checks are just regular checks? Or notarized or something??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery