Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 11:22 AM

800 posts, read 738,676 times

Advertisements

I’d like to assume they identify an application as duplicate using the household members. As a lot of people currently live in a roommate situation, addresses will be the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 11:26 AM

333 posts, read 260,011 times
I'm not sure how it is with HPD but NYCHA doesn't allow it from what I've been told. They might not go by the same rules though.

Old 06-21-2022, 11:28 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,403 times
Even if the address is the same, Household Composition would not be....if only using address, it's silly and should be amended.

Old 06-21-2022, 11:36 AM

834 posts, read 789,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Even if the address is the same, Household Composition would not be....if only using address, it's silly and should be amended.
I agree and we should not be discarded by an algorithm because we have the same address. I would hope that the algorithm pulls out the possible duplicates, and then they are examined by a professional. But who am I kidding?

Old 06-21-2022, 12:57 PM

834 posts, read 789,901 times
Heard back from HPD - very helpful. Of course, they gave me the section of the Marketing Handbook that I missed - lol.

Page 27 under Ineligibility Policies...

2.Multiple applications
a. A “multiple application” is defined as the appearance of any single person across two or more applications for any given project, where the applications differ in the number or composition of household members present.
b. In the case that multiple applications are received for any single person, all applications for that applicant must be found ineligible.

3.Duplicate applications
a. A “duplicate application” is defined as the appearance of any single person across two or more applications for any given project, where the same household members are present and all other information is the same.
b. Upon receipt of duplicate applications, the Marketing Agent will not find the applicant ineligible, but will consider only the application with the highest log number (lowest chance of being selected).

So my oldest child and I should be ok as we are 'different' single persons and neither of us shows up in the other's applications.

This was a response to an email, so I didn't have the chance to ask about algorithms, data processing, filters, etc.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by BPC1999; 06-21-2022 at 01:07 PM..

Old 06-21-2022, 01:09 PM

4,794 posts, read 6,629,057 times
Very good information! Thank you, and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: