Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2022, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 9,074 times

Advertisements

I’m dealing with a very unresponsive management company. The building I’m up for was completed in November and I first got a request to send paperwork in December then again in March then again in June and again last week. After I send paperwork they completely ghost me for long periods and provide no updates. I got a call this Monday to view the apartment which I did with the building staff and I’ve been calling and emailing to confirm with the management company that I viewed it and would like to be submitted to HPD for the unit and I haven’t been able to get in contact with anyone, they’ve ignored my email and my calls and voicemail. It’s so frustrating because building management told me other peoples processes have gone by in less than a month from paperwork submission to lease signing but my process seems to continue to drag on and I don’t understand why because no one tells me anything. Any advice should I continue to call or should I just wait until they decide to contact me again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 03:39 PM

153 posts, read 183,166 times
IM sorry to hear this... This is very frustrating especially after so long. The good is that you do seem to be moving through the process to almost completion.

What is your log, and what is the building?... Its likely they are processing log numbers lower than yours, and thats the hold up.

Management company should be responsive and communicative about this though.

Might be worth reaching out to HDP to confirm where your application package is also.. and to complain!! How do you take peoples personal details, so invasive only to ghost. Its messed up!!

Last edited by LuxurySeeker34; 07-14-2022 at 03:48 PM..

Old 07-14-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah29_ View Post
IM sorry to hear this... This is very frustrating especially after so long. The good is that you do seem to be moving through the process to almost completion.

What is your log, and what is the building?... Its likely they are processing log numbers lower than yours, and thats the hold up.

Management company should be responsive and communicative about this though.

Might be worth reaching out to HDP to confirm where your application package is also.. and to complain!! How do you take peoples personal details, so invasive only to ghost. Its messed up!!
It is incredibly frustrating, honestly. My log number is 40xxx with CB preference and the building is Caton Flats. The building staff told me the building is only half filled thus far. When I spoke to the management company three weeks ago they said there were only ten people ahead of me but I figured they got through their ten since they asked me to go view now. I just hate the not knowing and no updates, even when I reach out I'm met with silence.

I will try calling HPD instead and see if I've been submitted and that's what they're waiting on. Thank you for the advice and your response!

Old 07-15-2022, 07:15 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,439,062 times
I had CB with Canton flats and went as far as submitting my docs. when they told me which AMI I feel into with my OT included in my income the rent was just too high and when I asked if they had any 1 bedrooms left I got no response so I rejected it. Over all they are extremely slow. I submitted my docs in feb and didnt hear back until a few weeks ago.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:07 AM

36 posts, read 32,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesan View Post
I’m dealing with a very unresponsive management company. The building I’m up for was completed in November and I first got a request to send paperwork in December then again in March then again in June and again last week. After I send paperwork they completely ghost me for long periods and provide no updates. I got a call this Monday to view the apartment which I did with the building staff and I’ve been calling and emailing to confirm with the management company that I viewed it and would like to be submitted to HPD for the unit and I haven’t been able to get in contact with anyone, they’ve ignored my email and my calls and voicemail. It’s so frustrating because building management told me other peoples processes have gone by in less than a month from paperwork submission to lease signing but my process seems to continue to drag on and I don’t understand why because no one tells me anything. Any advice should I continue to call or should I just wait until they decide to contact me again?
Hi, when did you get to view & what size did you view. I had a viewing for Thursday whice got canceled

Old 07-15-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I had CB with Canton flats and went as far as submitting my docs. when they told me which AMI I feel into with my OT included in my income the rent was just too high and when I asked if they had any 1 bedrooms left I got no response so I rejected it. Over all they are extremely slow. I submitted my docs in feb and didnt hear back until a few weeks ago.
They never respond to anything it’s so annoying! I feel like they only have 1 person over the whole building or something.

Old 07-15-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulEmpress View Post
Hi, when did you get to view & what size did you view. I had a viewing for Thursday whice got canceled
It was on Tuesday for a one bedroom. I’m sorry yours got canceled were you able to reschedule?

Old 07-15-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesan View Post
It was on Tuesday for a one bedroom. I’m sorry yours got canceled were you able to reschedule?
Yes I rescheduled, I was told it was canceled due to the office being closed... So maybe they had an emergency and will respond to you wen they return hopefully.

Old 07-18-2022, 06:43 PM

14 posts, read 10,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulEmpress View Post
Yes I rescheduled, I was told it was canceled due to the office being closed... So maybe they had an emergency and will respond to you wen they return hopefully.
Hi, what AMI are you in? I’ve been contacted since April and still nothing.

Old 07-18-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomany View Post
Hi, what AMI are you in? I’ve been contacted since April and still nothing.
Hi, 110%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery