Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 09:10 PM

15 posts, read 19,167 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I know there are many threads on HPD approval and the amount of time that it takes. I just wanted to know if there’s anyone else waiting for approval at the moment. My file was sent right before Juneteenth, so I’m assuming that the holidays have caused a delay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 10:18 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl897 View Post
Hi,

I know there are many threads on HPD approval and the amount of time that it takes. I just wanted to know if there’s anyone else waiting for approval at the moment. My file was sent right before Juneteenth, so I’m assuming that the holidays have caused a delay.
Have you followed up directly with HPD? Usually they approve within 5-10 business days, you're at almost a month, that seems pretty unusual. I'd recommend calling them to ask the status of your file.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Have you followed up directly with HPD? Usually they approve within 5-10 business days, you're at almost a month, that seems pretty unusual. I'd recommend calling them to ask the status of your file.
Thank you for your reply and insight! I haven’t followed up with HPD yet. I followed up with the marketing agent that was assigned to me last week and she told me that she hasn’t received a response yet and as soon as she does she’ll let me know. Will following up with HPD speed up the process?

Old 07-16-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your reply and insight! I haven’t followed up with HPD yet. I followed up with the marketing agent that was assigned to me last week and she told me that she hasn’t received a response yet and as soon as she does she’ll let me know. Will following up with HPD speed up the process?
Well the marketing agent doesn't have any insight into the status because your file is out of their hands at this point since it's with HPD. HPD will notify them once you're approved but it they haven't heard yet, there's nothing they can really tell you other than what they already said. If you call HPD, you might get some insight as to why there is a delay, when they expect to review your file, when you can expect to hear back etc. It won't necessarily speed anything up but you might be able to get some information to let you know not to worry. Sometimes following up will help because you can basically remind them to do their job and that you aren't going to just wait around for them but rather that you will be following up, sometimes they keep a kick in the pants to get going LOL. Good luck!

Old 07-16-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Well the marketing agent doesn't have any insight into the status because your file is out of their hands at this point since it's with HPD. HPD will notify them once you're approved but it they haven't heard yet, there's nothing they can really tell you other than what they already said. If you call HPD, you might get some insight as to why there is a delay, when they expect to review your file, when you can expect to hear back etc. It won't necessarily speed anything up but you might be able to get some information to let you know not to worry. Sometimes following up will help because you can basically remind them to do their job and that you aren't going to just wait around for them but rather that you will be following up, sometimes they keep a kick in the pants to get going LOL. Good luck!
Thank you so much! I will reach out to them on Monday.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 53,132 times
It took me nearly a month and a half to get a call back. The marketing agent called me once I Was approved. My file was sent on April 8th and didn’t get called back until may 27th

Old 07-17-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrorafe View Post
It took me nearly a month and a half to get a call back. The marketing agent called me once I Was approved. My file was sent on April 8th and didn’t get called back until may 27th
Thank you for sharing your experience! I did see in other threads that some people were told that approval takes 8-10 weeks. That kind of helped me adjust my expectations. Did you follow up while you were waiting?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:57 PM

39 posts, read 53,132 times
Quote:
Thank you for sharing your experience! I did see in other threads that some people were told that approval takes 8-10 weeks. That kind of helped me adjust my expectations. Did you follow up while you were waiting?
Yeah mostly my marketing agent kept getting annoyed by me lol

Old 07-18-2022, 08:19 PM

Update: I called HPD today and they said that HDC is in charge of the building that I applied for. I called HDC and left a message. Hoping to hear back soon.

Old 07-19-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Update: I called HPD today and they said that HDC is in charge of the building that I applied for. I called HDC and left a message. Hoping to hear back soon.
Just an update on me: My file was sent to HPD last Thursday 7/14, and I was approved today. I think it really depends on the worker at HPD but I would definitely follow up because it really can and does only take 3-5 days sometimes. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery