Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2023, 02:31 PM

199 posts, read 207,720 times

Advertisements

I qualify for 165 and have a log number 18xx- will keep an eye out but so far have heard nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 09:18 PM

95 posts, read 109,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnsGirl.9 View Post
I just viewed the spreadsheet, What does TIC mean? My log number is after but very close to yours. Im still waiting on an appointment to view a 2 bedroom. I wonder if they’ve even gotten to the two bedrooms yet. Im CB preference and have already submitted all docs, and my employment was verified. The last time I spoke with someone was Monday and they said they were going to call back with an appointment. Do you know any info on the 2beds? Gracias for all the info you’ve shared!
TIC is Tenant Income Certification. When they reach out to you for resubmission of documents, they also ask you to sign a bunch of documents which include the TIC. After viewing the unit and having one assigned to me, the leasing consultant would then compile all the documents into 1 file and upload it to the housing website which was on 2/8 for me where the TIC was submitted. Next steps, would be waiting for my application to be approved/complete on the housing website and for them to contact me in for lease signing. Since my preference wasn't for 2 bedrooms, I wasn't able to view those, but the floorplans for 2 bedrooms are mostly corner view units where you can view the floorplans online.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:07 PM

6 posts, read 8,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
You are correct. There is a 1 bedroom in line 25 facing North with good views, but those are very limited. I asked if they were available in my AMI and she said there was just 1 for mobility at the time, could change as developers release more approved units for showing, but I wasn't able to see any other 1 bedrooms for affordable that weren't East facing. Line 28 and 29 were mirrors of each other and Line 26 may or may not only be allocated for market rate. You may be able to get a 165% AMI line 25 one, but yea it is more expensive than the 125%.

Can you explain what you mean by line? Do you mean floors?

Old 02-11-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshes View Post
Can you explain what you mean by line? Do you mean floors?
No, I mean the last 2 Residence unit #'s. On every floor above 14, most of the floorplans found online for the lottery have a Residence # meaning that the floor plans are identical from certain floors up.

If you check the excel sheet for North Tower tracking, I added another sheet called "Floorplans". This shows all the lines/residence unit # I was able to crack down on certain floors.

www.tinyurl.com/gothampointnorth **IMAGES ARE NOW ADDED!! (Can pull more based on request from my video shots, but not planning to show some lines until further notice)

Floor plans are also in the images

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-...tments-92myv74

Another thing that I found about the 2 bedrooms were that they both were also East Facing corner units in Lines 18 / 27, but also has views of either North to Manhattan or South to Brooklyn.

Last edited by kissuki; 02-11-2023 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-11-2023, 09:58 AM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Thank you so much for all of this!

Quote:
No, I mean the last 2 Residence unit #'s. On every floor above 14, most of the floorplans found online for the lottery have a Residence # meaning that the floor plans are identical from certain floors up.

If you check the excel sheet for North Tower tracking, I added another sheet called "Floorplans". This shows all the lines/residence unit # I was able to crack down on certain floors.

www.tinyurl.com/gothampointnorth **IMAGES ARE NOW ADDED!! (Can pull more based on request from my video shots, but not planning to show some lines until further notice)

Floor plans are also in the images

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-...tments-92myv74

Another thing that I found about the 2 bedrooms were that they both were also East Facing corner units in Lines 18 / 27, but also has views of either North to Manhattan or South to Brooklyn.

Old 02-11-2023, 10:40 AM

412 posts, read 593,519 times
Quote:

Do you have info on the floor plans between 14 - 26? The ones posted on streeteasy says 27-46 so I'm hoping and assuming the ones between 14-26 are different but so far nothing's been posted yet.

Also, you said some units aren't released yet. Are they going top down? As in, the higher floors are being offered right now?

Can you also confirm whether your key fob only gets you access to your floor? Did you see a spot for you to tap your fob inside the elevator?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but please feel free to only answer ones you're comfortable with. Let us know when you're settled in!

Last edited by rnt2dh; 02-11-2023 at 10:52 AM..

Old 02-11-2023, 10:46 AM

ALL! Thanks to kissuki, we can now confirm there will be a shuttle during rush hour! So if you were worried about the walking bit to the train station, please check out the photos they posted!

Old 02-11-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
ALL! Thanks to kissuki, we can now confirm there will be a shuttle during rush hour! So if you were worried about the walking bit to the train station, please check out the photos they posted!
Sadly they told me the shuttle only runs on weekdays, so we are screwed during the weekend and 7 trains closed until April during some weekends

To access the shuttle buses, you will need to show them your Gotham Point residence card. If you have visitors, they can board only if they are with you.

Last edited by kissuki; 02-11-2023 at 11:09 AM..

Old 02-11-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Do you have info on the floor plans between 14 - 26? The ones posted on streeteasy says 27-46 so I'm hoping and assuming the ones between 14-26 are different but so far nothing's been posted yet.

Also, you said some units aren't released yet. Are they going top down? As in, the higher floors are being offered right now?

Can you also confirm whether your key fob only gets you access to your floor? Did you see a spot for you to tap your fob inside the elevator?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but please feel free to only answer ones you're comfortable with. Let us know when you're settled in!
For 1 bedrooms, I saw 16th floor and 19th floor for Lines 28/29. So pretty much very similar to the higher floors if you were hoping for other floor plans. All the good ones are allocated to market rate and the higher floors are mainly reserved for market rate right now too. Everything I saw was below floors 27 for Affordable Housing in 125%/165% AMI. You may have a better chance if they land on your application past April, then maybe more floors will be open by then! Developers aren't releasing so many units at a time, so they usually have to work with a small list and once those get assigned, more units become available. For you to land a good floorplan line/floor would mainly depend on timing and availability. So far, I don't think higher floors will be released within February, maybe March/April+.

The elevators are supposed to work in a way where you can only access certain floors with your key fob, but because it's still in the early phase of occupancy, they did not put that into place yet until it's more occupied. If you were to try to access some floors that aren't ready, then it wouldn't let you on it.

**Another Update from me: They (developer = Gotham) just forwarded me the TIC to sign today (2/11) which includes the move in date information / 75$ extra utility allowance on top of the rent price for the unit I chose and all my documents were uploaded by the Marketing Agency/Leasing Consultant on 2/8!

Last edited by kissuki; 02-11-2023 at 11:24 AM..

Old 02-11-2023, 11:59 AM

Well I feel like if I want a one bed then it would be facing construction no matter what sadly. Is there a slight difference in the view between 28 and 29? I just don't know if I can deal with that for 2 years with my chronic asthma and sinusitis I was really excited for this building.

What's the utility allowance for?

Yay I think you should be moved in by end of the month!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery