Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2023, 11:38 PM

16 posts, read 24,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miushja View Post
Hi all. My log number is x (single digit). I am not part of the preferred group. Is it normal that they haven't reached out to me to submit docs yet?
i was told it depends on the AMI so it'll be helpful to state that. The agent told me each AMI is handled by a different person and some might be going through CBs still while other AMIs might be moving on to GP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,288 times
Hey! My Log # is 52,xxx, CB, 80% AMI. You guys think I have any luck scoring a 2/3 Bedroom unit?

Old 03-09-2023, 06:54 AM

71 posts, read 64,850 times
Hello everyone! Just this week I was contacted to submit documents for Dutch House, 5203 Center, and Gotham Point North. However, I recently moved to a lottery unit in Astoria West and will pass on the other three.

Even though I miss my old Hunter's Point Neighborhood and the Maximillian building, I still feel good about my decision to move to AW. I have a big one-bedroom (750 Square Feet) with a W/D, which was always my deal breaker.

Good luck to all!

Old 03-09-2023, 07:48 AM

9 posts, read 11,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
Hello everyone! Just this week I was contacted to submit documents for Dutch House, 5203 Center, and Gotham Point North. However, I recently moved to a lottery unit in Astoria West and will pass on the other three.

Even though I miss my old Hunter's Point Neighborhood and the Maximillian building, I still feel good about my decision to move to AW. I have a big one-bedroom (750 Square Feet) with a W/D, which was always my deal breaker.

Good luck to all!
Hi

What was your log number and ami?

Old 03-09-2023, 08:02 AM

I'm Log # 7662, 125/165 AMI, and CB Preference.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:47 AM

I will also add this regarding the move in date. I delayed my move in to Astoria West by almost two months after I signed the lease. They only requested I pre-pay the rent to do it but didn't push back much at all was my experience. Ask them to be flexible if you need more time and can pay the first month's rent to hold the unit.

Old 03-09-2023, 06:41 PM

412 posts, read 593,804 times
Quote:
I'm Log # 7662, 125/165 AMI, and CB Preference.
Thanks for the update! I was getting anxious they weren't moving along with CB. Congrats on Astoria West! Hope you like it! I really want in unit w/d Wish more apartments would have it.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:23 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:

Good luck to all!
Is it possible for u to post a video of astoria west? I wanted to see how the lottery apartment look

Old 03-10-2023, 05:55 AM

Hello - regarding AW. I don't know how and don't even have a video. The floor plans on the website are accurate though. I'm in the West building and a lot of the lottery units are the 04 and 03 lines I think. Those are the large one beds. The smaller one beds had less closet space and were in the corner so they had weird angles. I

I'm basically happy at AW and this building feels like it's own commune a lot of days. Between the shuttle bus to the subway and the activities you can opt into, there's a lot going on. I'm personally looking forward to some of the upcoming cooking classes. The only downfall is weekend transportation of course and the lack of support businesses. However, I really think this neighborhood will evolve into something in the next decade. There are condos being built on practically every block which is always a sign of things to come.

Old 03-10-2023, 10:48 AM

412 posts, read 593,804 times
Quote:

Good luck to all!
I’d miss Cannelle lol. 750 sqft with washer and dryer sounds amazing though. I don’t think I applied for the second round of Astoria west because for whatever reason the rent for Phase II was higher by a lot and it didn’t make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery