Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 06:41 PM

5 posts, read 3,570 times

Advertisements

I've been reading in these threads a lot of examples of postings/applications that took 8-12+ months to hear back from and finally sign the lease. Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone at all have any examples of a relatively reasonable and fast turnaround (from the start of the application to signing the lease/moving in?)

Reason I ask is because I applied for a lottery for a building that closed their applications about 3-4 weeks ago. I'm log #2,1** for this lottery and was asked to upload docs through the portal yesterday (generic notification to upload, not a personal email). I was pretty shocked by this. The building isn't being developed/going through improvements, units start at 130% AMI, and the units are pretty small for the price, so I'm sure those factors are pushing things along faster than normal since maybe applicants are pulling out more.

I guess I'm looking for any kind of affirmation that things could move along steadily within the next 1-3 months without it being dragged on for 6+ months. Any examples helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 08:04 PM

172 posts, read 244,637 times
There’s generally no rhyme or reason to these lottery’s, some move quick while others move very slowly. Don’t try to make sense of it, just have your documents ready and up to date.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:44 PM

65 posts, read 56,827 times
It’s crazy when I hear people stories about them waiting so long to get approved or how long the process was for them.I think the main factor of how fast processing moves for you is how easy your income is to calculate for them. I had a regular w2 and when I got called it literally took me 3days to submit paperwork, they reviewed it and sent it to the city within that same week. The city approved my paperwork within 3-4 days the following week and I set up a date to sign my lease that same following week. My overall process literally took about 2weeks. I moved in the same day I signed my lease and got my keys.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:42 AM

109 posts, read 84,967 times
those buildings with the high AMI only typically dont have 50% cb preference and only be having small amount of apartments available so the turn around time would be quicker.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:40 AM

5 posts, read 3,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWright View Post
It’s crazy when I hear people stories about them waiting so long to get approved or how long the process was for them.I think the main factor of how fast processing moves for you is how easy your income is to calculate for them. I had a regular w2 and when I got called it literally took me 3days to submit paperwork, they reviewed it and sent it to the city within that same week. The city approved my paperwork within 3-4 days the following week and I set up a date to sign my lease that same following week. My overall process literally took about 2weeks. I moved in the same day I signed my lease and got my keys.
Oh wow I didn't even think about that! I just have one source of income and live by myself so I can see why that could be expediting my process. Thank you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery