Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 03:57 PM

390 posts, read 350,770 times

Advertisements

Do you think it's important after winning a lottery apartment? What renter's insurance would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 04:04 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
I have had Traveler's renters insurance for many years and have never had to put in a claim.

With some of these new lottery building, the sprinkler system leaks and floods. It's not a bad idea to get insurance.

Old 01-09-2023, 08:03 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,728,507 times
Unless you can afford to replace all your belongings, you should have renter's insurance. It's not that expensive.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:14 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
I have a renters insurance from https://www.lemonade.com/ - Their rate is very affordable, you can check out their quotation online.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:36 AM

167 posts, read 174,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I have a renters insurance from https://www.lemonade.com/ - Their rate is very affordable, you can check out their quotation online.
I do as well

Old 01-10-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I've never needed renters' insurance where I currently live, since I don't keep much stuff or I would buy new things, but since I'm buying more furniture, I might just get it. I've was looking into lemonade yesterday they have pretty decent prices.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:14 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,914 times
I started getting renters insurance when I moved into a building with sprinklers. Mine is with Liberty Mutual, never had to file a claim though.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Unless you can afford to replace all your belongings, you should have renter's insurance. It's not that expensive.
I know the prices are cheap. Usually, I get warranties on my stuff, so I never considered insurance. I've been at my current place for 4 years and only replaced a microwave, but I guess it might be a better option since I want to get new furniture.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:17 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
Renters insurance not only to protect your belongings but mostly for liability & these days, your landlord/building management will need their tenants to have one for the above purpose especially if you live in a luxurious apartment building like Eagle+West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiddesire120 View Post
I've never needed renters' insurance where I currently live, since I don't keep much stuff or I would buy new things, but since I'm buying more furniture, I might just get it. I've was looking into lemonade yesterday they have pretty decent prices.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:22 AM

40 posts, read 36,083 times
I personally think it's important to have renters insurance. Many places require it/highly recommend it. I've never had to use mine (so who knows how it would work, really) but it's peace-of-mind if there were ever an event in my apartment. Some plans can cover other things too like art, if someone trips and falls in your apartment, etc. It's generally not that much. Mine is like $12 a month. I figure it's one of those things like health insurance. I don't go to the doctor much, I am healthy - but in the event I get hit by the bus, I am thankful it's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery