Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 07:19 PM

17 posts, read 13,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Thanks for your thoughts! I've got assigned a courtyard facing unit, but now I really want the street facing. I just like the idea of people watching and natural sunlight. Has anyone successfully changed the assigned unit after approval? I know I am already grateful if it's not possible to change!
From what info I’ve gathered, your assigned unit line is based on your Ami, so I doubt they’d let you switch your unit line. I noticed other people in the thread said you can’t change units for this lottery too :/ I assume because they send your info to HPD before letting you view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 07:27 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Thanks for your thoughts! I've got assigned a courtyard facing unit, but now I really want the street facing. I just like the idea of people watching and natural sunlight. Has anyone successfully changed the assigned unit after approval? I know I am already grateful if it's not possible to change!
There is not going to be that much of a difference I'd imagine. The views in both towers are not the greatest unless you are on the top few floors, else you will be looking into uglyish buildings in both the towers, the interior courtyard views are a lot more clean and serene overlooking the connecting garden as they call it

Street will be more noisier and also more dusty since there is quite a lot of construction going around. The light should be quite nice whether street or courtyard, the building is setup to have really good lighting with a well spaced courtyard so you wont struggle with lighting either or.

And yes, it is nearly impossible to change unit as neither the marketing agent or HPD will want to go through the entire process unless there was a safety issue or a health hazard.

Just know that people dream of living in a space like you have gotten and cherish the living hell out of it

Old 04-05-2024, 03:02 AM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
@Anon7mouse Thanks!! I agree I should be looking at the bright side!

@Andib28 Yeah, I was qualified for both AMI, they are a bit stingy on giving enough information for your decision before they send docs to HPD for approval. I guess there's not much to do now but it's okay! Can't complain.

@Nevinasb You are absolutely right! I am just curious of the entire process and how it can work as it's the first time I've gone this far. I am def grateful for what I got. Best luck to those who are in the waiting!

Old 04-05-2024, 04:31 PM

8 posts, read 2,811 times
Does anyone know how many 1 bedrooms and/or studios there are left at 130% AMI? My log number was reached and I wanted to get a sense of what the avails are currently. Thank you!

Old 04-08-2024, 11:25 AM

71 posts, read 64,761 times
Is anyone having problems with Pronto freezing before it moves on to the last questions? I asked them and was told to try a different browser. I was almost finished so thought I’d ask here before I start over. Thank you.

Old 04-08-2024, 12:06 PM

19 posts, read 7,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
Is anyone having problems with Pronto freezing before it moves on to the last questions? I asked them and was told to try a different browser. I was almost finished so thought I’d ask here before I start over. Thank you.
Have you tried clearing your cache in your browser too?

I assume you've been told to submit documents? Also, what is your log #, AMI, unit preferences?

Old 04-08-2024, 03:42 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Got an update on our case. they rejected us again. This time is about income. They count my partner's profit sharing bonus as YTD Gross Pay. Which is wrong because my partner only receives that bonus once a year. Why would it be count as monthly income? That put us over 130% AMI so we are rejected.

We could have file a complain if they didn't reject us over some documents they claimed we didn't submit but we did. Now that we used our complain there seems to be the end of our journey with Ruby. I am beyond upset because they count the income wrong and we have no way to appeal. I wish I had good news but this is it.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:43 AM

19 posts, read 7,817 times
Can I have your opinions on this matter, please? I am planning on moving out in 3 weeks on May 1st. I haven't found a place yet and I think I might get called back for this lottery but I don't know for sure.

I was wondering if I should wait for this lottery or just look for a regular, non lottery apartment? This also brings up the issue that if I get called back for this lottery and already have a place, missing out on a great opportunity. What do you all think?

Old 04-09-2024, 11:14 AM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldee View Post
Can I have your opinions on this matter, please? I am planning on moving out in 3 weeks on May 1st. I haven't found a place yet and I think I might get called back for this lottery but I don't know for sure.

I was wondering if I should wait for this lottery or just look for a regular, non lottery apartment? This also brings up the issue that if I get called back for this lottery and already have a place, missing out on a great opportunity. What do you all think?
your timeline will not make sense, you have not even been asked for doc submission.

Between first submission and final and viewings and signing lease it is at least a 30-45 day process provided that you are qualified and the agency has a unit for you available.

ask the marketing agency if they have any units that are available and if your log number has a chance. Youll probably get not a good answer but youll know more than just guessing

Old 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM

86 posts, read 50,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Got an update on our case. they rejected us again. This time is about income. They count my partner's profit sharing bonus as YTD Gross Pay. Which is wrong because my partner only receives that bonus once a year. Why would it be count as monthly income? That put us over 130% AMI so we are rejected.

We could have file a complain if they didn't reject us over some documents they claimed we didn't submit but we did. Now that we used our complain there seems to be the end of our journey with Ruby. I am beyond upset because they count the income wrong and we have no way to appeal. I wish I had good news but this is it.
Get a signed/notarized letter from your partner's employer stating that the bonus is only given once on an annual basis, not a monthly one. Submit that letter with a written request to appeal your rejection. Did you receive a rejection letter? If so, you should reply to that with the letter from the employer within 10 days of receipt. I don't think it's worth it to give up, especially if you think they made a mistake. The worst that can happen is you lose your appeal. The best case scenario is you get to move into a highly coveted apartment in one of the greatest cities in the world. Keep us updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery