Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 12:26 PM

23 posts, read 10,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Hi. Anybody knows what are the next steps after signing the authorization release and R-5 form?
They can ask for more documents/info (like me after R-5) or they can send request to sign TIC or they can reject.

It really depends on your situation. Everyone's is different. Hopefully your case is straightforward.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 05:14 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFX View Post
They can ask for more documents/info (like me after R-5) or they can send request to sign TIC or they can reject.

It really depends on your situation. Everyone's is different. Hopefully your case is straightforward.

Good luck!
They asked you for more documents after you signed R-5 and authorization to release form? Did it take them long to contact you after you submitted the documents after R-5 form?

Oh god I thought I was close to the final steps before signing lease… if everything goes well the next step should be signing TIC?

Old 03-13-2024, 05:37 PM

23 posts, read 10,583 times
Quote:
They asked you for more documents after you signed R-5 and authorization to release form? Did it take them long to contact you after you submitted the documents after R-5 form?

Oh god I thought I was close to the final steps before signing lease… if everything goes well the next step should be signing TIC?
Yes. More documents and info. But yeah, you are very close to TIC if your documents are good.

Again, everyone's case is different. They just had more questions for me apparently or my initial answers weren't clear.

Each communication/interaction took about a week. So if they contacted you today, you should get a response next week.

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2024, 05:39 PM

14 posts, read 9,916 times
Quote:

Based on what I was told, signing the R-5 means you're close - like what was said above you may be asked for more documents or get the TIC form to sign (currently at this stage as I signed the R-5 form yesterday) but everyone's case is different so just got to wait patiently and hope for the best.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:15 PM

6 posts, read 2,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldee View Post
Yes, log #10xx. Do you think we have a chance? Don't want to possibly get my hopes up lol
At this rate who knows. I doubt they have that many studios left to be honest.

Old 03-14-2024, 04:39 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz6932 View Post
At this rate who knows. I doubt they have that many studios left to be honest.
I know... When I talked to them on 2/29 they told me all 70% were gone but there were still 8 studios left at 80% AMI. Have you been contacted yet? Looks like people in 19xx have been contacted. Good luck to you!

Old 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I know... When I talked to them on 2/29 they told me all 70% were gone but there were still 8 studios left at 80% AMI. Have you been contacted yet? Looks like people in 19xx have been contacted. Good luck to you!
I am log number 6XX and they contacted me on Tuesday saying only 80% AMI studios were left but didn't tell me how many exactly. Have my fingers crossed but its coming down to the wire it seems like lol.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:10 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndegenerate View Post
I am log number 6XX and they contacted me on Tuesday saying only 80% AMI studios were left but didn't tell me how many exactly. Have my fingers crossed but its coming down to the wire it seems like lol.
Does the AMI 70 and 80 mean different price to pay but for the same studio?

When the AMI updates come out, will it affect the calculation of income for those currently in process?

Old 03-14-2024, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
Does the AMI 70 and 80 mean different price to pay but for the same studio?

When the AMI updates come out, will it affect the calculation of income for those currently in process?
Yeah essentially based on your income is how you determine what AMI you are. I fall under both 70 and 80, but since all 70 AMI studios are taken, they let you know only 80 AMI is left and if you want to proceed with the process.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:36 PM

6 posts, read 2,026 times
Quote:
Nope! im 102X and havent been contacted to sub any documents yet. Lowest log ive ever gotten on any application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery