Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2024, 11:24 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Anybody knows if they still have 1 bed-room at 130%? One of my friends was contacted today but the email didn’t say anything about the remaining units. Her household won’t fit in a studio. Thanks.
If you aren't eligible for any of the units that are available, they wouldn't waste their time requesting documents. They often contact more people than they have units currently available but getting a request means there should be at least 1 unit available you appear to qualify for. There may be others with lower logs ahead of you for that unit, but it is currently available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 10:46 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
If you aren't eligible for any of the units that are available, they wouldn't waste their time requesting documents. They often contact more people than they have units currently available but getting a request means there should be at least 1 unit available you appear to qualify for. There may be others with lower logs ahead of you for that unit, but it is currently available.
That's what I told her. Also tole her nothing is guaranteed until you sign the lease she didn't want to go through everything and be told they only have studio left cause that won't work for her household that's why I was wondering if anyone know how many 1 bed-room they have left but thanks for your advice.

Old 02-29-2024, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
That's what I told her. Also tole her nothing is guaranteed until you sign the lease she didn't want to go through everything and be told they only have studio left cause that won't work for her household that's why I was wondering if anyone know how many 1 bed-room they have left but thanks for your advice.
When you say a studio "won't work for her household", what do you mean? Is that a preference she has or that her household wouldn't be eligible for a studio (eg. 3 people)? If is the former, there is that possibility. For example, if her household is 2 adults, the would qualify for a studio so it is possible that they are being considered for an available studio or a 1br. If the household is 3 people, they would not qualify for a studio and in that case, they wouldn't be being considered for one (ie. them being contacted means there is at least 1Brs and larger units available at this time).

In any case, she can and should ask the marketing agency what is currently available and make her preferences known. If there are multiple unit sizes available that the household qualifies for (ie. the household is 3 people and there are both 1brs and 2brs available), they are supposed to give the applicant a choice as to which size to accept/move forward with.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:25 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
When you say a studio "won't work for her household", what do you mean? Is that a preference she has or that her household wouldn't be eligible for a studio (eg. 3 people)? If is the former, there is that possibility. For example, if her household is 2 adults, the would qualify for a studio so it is possible that they are being considered for an available studio or a 1br. If the household is 3 people, they would not qualify for a studio and in that case, they wouldn't be being considered for one (ie. them being contacted means there is at least 1Brs and larger units available at this time).

In any case, she can and should ask the marketing agency what is currently available and make her preferences known. If there are multiple unit sizes available that the household qualifies for (ie. the household is 3 people and there are both 1brs and 2brs available), they are supposed to give the applicant a choice as to which size to accept/move forward with.
It’s her and her husband it’s a 2-person household. She emailed them and got no answer that’s why she asked me. This is what she received after emailing them: Good afternoon, we can not advise how many units are available at this moment. You will be contacted on HC2 when your log is reach.

She’s very confused because they reached out to her for documents but they stated she will be contacted when they reach her log number so am I.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,689 times
Signed my lease! Good luck everyone! Low 200s log, 70% AMI, GP.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:49 AM

20 posts, read 17,975 times
Hi! Has anyone gone through lease renewals or preparing for it? I’m just wondering what the process is like.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora1965 View Post
Hi! Has anyone gone through lease renewals or preparing for it? I’m just wondering what the process is like.
Logs were only released in April of 2023, no lottery tenants have been there even 1 year.

That said, lease renewals follow the rent stabilized rules in terms of when you must receive your renewal lease, how long you have to respond, and the max allowed rent increases.

https://rentguidelinesboard.cityofne...newal-vacancy/

Old 03-05-2024, 12:06 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Happy March!! Any updates?

Old 03-05-2024, 07:55 PM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Happy March!! Any updates?
No clue if they were lottery but I heard from staff that we had like 12 new move-ins over the weekend. Fingers crossed for you KevinCH!

Old 03-05-2024, 07:58 PM

6 posts, read 2,053 times
anyone else in the low 1000's still waiting for initial document requests?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery