Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2024, 03:34 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
This is the email I was provided:
ruby@housingpartnership.com

They wouldnt tell me what range they are working on they just said I’ll be reached when I’m reached. They told me they haven’t started GP yet but I was reached out to send the documents and I sent them on Dec 14th something like that. Try to ask what range they are on as they are very protective with all the information. Please keep us posted if you have any updates.
Likely because they know by now that anytime information is given out people run back to this or other forums and post. Subsequent readers of that information then take it as gospel and use it when they in turn reach out to whoever wanting to know *why* this or that hasn't happened yet with *their* application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 05:32 PM

17 posts, read 6,050 times
Will reach out and send an update if I get a reply back.

Thanks again and good luck ☺️

Old 01-31-2024, 08:54 AM

17 posts, read 6,050 times
This is what they replied to me:

We are only processing applications in the low 100’s at this time. There are still units remaining at 130% AMI but I cannot advise when we may reach your log number.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:04 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed20 View Post

We are only processing applications in the low 100’s at this time. There are still units remaining at 130% AMI but I cannot advise when we may reach your log number.
Thank you for the update. Looks like I’ll have to wait for another three months or so.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:08 PM

6 posts, read 2,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Any updates?
Went to their office today and saw their drop off check list. Apparently they are on log #253x
Im 70/80 ami. 10xx. Still no contact

Old 02-01-2024, 04:11 PM

136 posts, read 116,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
It’s super convenient. There’s Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and lots of convenience stores within a 5-10 minute walk of the Ruby (WF is closest, but around the corner I believe there are smaller mom-and-pop grocers). Duane Reade is on the same block as Ruby and CVS is nearby. It’s next to a college, which means there’s lots of stop-and-go food places and coffee shops.

In terms of surrounding, the best part is walkability- you’re within walking distance to everything. From Ruby to Target I think you can basically get on any train line, and Citibike stations everywhere. It is Manhattan, so with Times Square, Madison Square Garden, and the High Line super close, there will be traffic and the urban “buzz” of the city. When you get to the avenues, you’re in “the city”. Aside from temporary construction on newer parts of the building, and the construction happening across the street at FIT (I think will last until summer?), the Ruby itself is quiet.

Best of luck!!
Also they are opening a lidl on 8th ave and 26th stree where the Gristedes used to be not sure if by the end of this year or early of next. Target on 34th street across from Macy's walking distance. Lot of things in the neighborhood for sure

Old 02-01-2024, 04:19 PM

136 posts, read 116,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
It still says under review. I wonder if it’s because I added a house after the snapshot was taken and they found my case it difficult to process
It seems they work in batches so depending on who has your batch number may be why it is up and down in the number process It is never just one case at a time otherwise this process would be hella longer, even though it might be preferable but it may take years at that rate one applicant at a time.

Old 02-01-2024, 06:58 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed20 View Post

If they are processing low 100s and only few units of AMI 130% left, then I don't have to keep the hope

Old 02-01-2024, 07:08 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
If they are processing low 100s and only few units of AMI 130% left, then I don't have to keep the hope
Did you hear back from them after the additional documents request? I'd assume they will have a unit set aside for you otherwise it won't make sense they asked you to submit more documents. Am I wrong?

Old 02-01-2024, 07:09 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
Also they are opening a lidl on 8th ave and 26th stree where the Gristedes used to be not sure if by the end of this year or early of next. Target on 34th street across from Macy's walking distance. Lot of things in the neighborhood for sure
I didn't know about Lidl! That's awesome. I wonder when they'll open the downstairs retail + restaurant on the corner. I'm so curious about what those businesses will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery