Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2024, 08:57 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFX View Post
It still feels surreal but this is my unit. I visited again today to "measure" before I move in.
Congrats on your new home, looks beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 12:54 AM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
It still feels surreal but this is my unit. I visited again today to "measure" before I move in.

This is a North tower 1 BR w/island no WIC facing the courtyard -- so "south facing"? Is that still a thing?

I opened the cabinets to see how much space I have and I think someone here asked about what that exhaust is (months ago) so there it is. Also images of the refrigerator and the drawers in the bathroom.

The bedroom has the blackout blinds and the living space has the privacy blinds.

There is also a small closet by the door (no photo) which contains the wifi from Honest. I think I will take advantage of the free 3-month promo they have.

Hopefully the unit will be ready when I move since there's some issues with stuck drawers and flickering lights (sigh).

My log no. is #6x no preference 70% AMI.

First contact for documents was 10/30/23. So... fingers-crossed I move in without a hitch in a few days, it's been 5+ months!

And to be honest, I don't remember applying for this lottery since, like a lot of people, I just hit "apply now" on any new building on Housing Connect. It was only upon finding this forum last December did I realize how lucky I was! So thank you everyone here for all the insight on the process.
Many many congratulations !

It’s an apartment of dreams, wishing you enjoy it good health and prosperity. Your shared pics are beyond beautiful and give an awesome insight.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:22 PM

14 posts, read 9,916 times
Has anyone else signed a TIC last week/recently and received an update from HPD yet?

Old 03-28-2024, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
They emailed us back today: You must submit everything you deem applicable for your complaint we cannot advise on what should be submitted.

I hate that there’s no communication at all. They are just gonna reject our complaint and say we didn’t submit something again.
KevinCH - I've been following your thread here over the last couple of weeks. I'm a few days behind you in the process (log 7xx), and am experiencing similar frustrations. My appeal was rejected today because they say they are still missing documents even though none of the documents they listed were asked for intially or to be provided with the appeal. It's maddening!! I'm also exhausted with the process, but I'm going to give it one more shot and I hope you do too!

Anyone have luck with complaints after an appeal rejection with Ruby?

Old 03-28-2024, 04:43 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesyesyes2222 View Post
KevinCH - I've been following your thread here over the last couple of weeks. I'm a few days behind you in the process (log 7xx), and am experiencing similar frustrations. My appeal was rejected today because they say they are still missing documents even though none of the documents they listed were asked for intially or to be provided with the appeal. It's maddening!! I'm also exhausted with the process, but I'm going to give it one more shot and I hope you do too!

Anyone have luck with complaints after an appeal rejection with Ruby?
Hi. I’m sorry this is happening to you too. I’ll dm you cause I’ve commented a lot here.

Old 03-30-2024, 01:48 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:

This is a North tower 1 BR w/island no WIC facing the courtyard -- so "south facing"? Is that still a thing?
Eeeeee so exciting!!! Congratulations and enjoy the move-in and decorating process!!!

Old 03-30-2024, 03:52 PM

15 posts, read 9,493 times
Looks amazing! Hopefully you can move in soon. After the initial contact and submitting paystubs and documents did they have a second follow up to resubmit?

Old 03-30-2024, 07:57 PM

23 posts, read 10,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeNYC View Post
Looks amazing! Hopefully you can move in soon. After the initial contact and submitting paystubs and documents did they have a second follow up to resubmit?
Yes. Like a lot of people here have mentioned, there was an "updated documents" request.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:46 PM

111 posts, read 71,620 times
Quote:
Yes. Like a lot of people here have mentioned, there was an "updated documents" request.
Congratulations KidFX… It’s gorgeous!!! Maybe I missed it, but what was your Log # and AMI? Did you have any preferences?

Old 04-01-2024, 09:35 AM

13 posts, read 4,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
My last chance to appeal will be filing a complaint. If they reject us over the same documents we have sent in so many times and that will be it we lose forever.
They are rejecting you because you didn’t send the envelope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery