Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2024, 10:50 AM

41 posts, read 28,856 times

Advertisements

When you get rejection, is it from the marketing agency before they even send the docs to HUD or is it the decision after the HUD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 10:56 AM

19 posts, read 7,949 times
Hi all, has anyone been contacted recently to submit documents? If so, what's your log number AMI and preferences? I'm log #10xx and 70 AMI.

Old 04-01-2024, 11:49 AM

396 posts, read 372,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture23 View Post
They are rejecting you because you didn’t send the envelope.
What envelope?

Old 04-01-2024, 12:59 PM

98 posts, read 62,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
When you get rejection, is it from the marketing agency before they even send the docs to HUD or is it the decision after the HUD?
Both can occur. If the marketing agency doesn’t have all of the information or does the calculations and deems you ineligible, they will reject and not send to HPD. By the time anything gets to HPD you’re 99.9% approved and they’re just getting the final sign-off. There’s no scenario in which the marketing agency does not approve but sends to HPD anyway. But, there is a chance that the marketing agency approves and sends to HPD, and they raise objections/deny (leading to appeals).

Old 04-02-2024, 09:19 AM

41 posts, read 28,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Both can occur. If the marketing agency doesn’t have all of the information or does the calculations and deems you ineligible, they will reject and not send to HPD. By the time anything gets to HPD you’re 99.9% approved and they’re just getting the final sign-off. There’s no scenario in which the marketing agency does not approve but sends to HPD anyway. But, there is a chance that the marketing agency approves and sends to HPD, and they raise objections/deny (leading to appeals).
Thank you so much! That's good to know, making my anxiety going away a bit

Old 04-02-2024, 10:38 AM

17 posts, read 6,440 times
Default Income Question

I was asked to send my initial documents. I have a question in regards to the income. My W-2 shows 104K, but I have a cash bonus of 7K for which I have deposits to prove it. However, I have not filed my taxes for this year yet and this income is not shown on my W-2. Would a notarized letter from my employer suffice to prove that I received that income? For a 1bd at 130% AMI I need the income to be 109K. I would appreciate any feedback.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:19 AM

532 posts, read 414,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed20 View Post
I was asked to send my initial documents. I have a question in regards to the income. My W-2 shows 104K, but I have a cash bonus of 7K for which I have deposits to prove it. However, I have not filed my taxes for this year yet and this income is not shown on my W-2. Would a notarized letter from my employer suffice to prove that I received that income? For a 1bd at 130% AMI I need the income to be 109K. I would appreciate any feedback.
That could help.

If I was you I’d have my employer write an income verification letter stating your annual salary / position and dates since you’ve worked and promoted etc. also include that bonus in that letter. If you got 7k bonus the bonus given should be higher as bonuses sometimes are taxed at a higher rate than regular paycheck.

A letter written by your boss / employer should be a good supporting documentation to your deposit / cash bonus.

In today’s world a cash bonus can definitely be looked at inducing eligibility so you’ll definitely have to prove otherwise and the better the document clarifies your role/salary/bonus etc better are your odds.

This agency is not an agency that plays around with submissions so having your ducks lined up will be best for you

Old 04-02-2024, 11:23 AM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
In addition to what was shared above, you could also consider filing your 2023 taxes now. Depending on how complicated your situation is, you could likely file in a few hours with a tax software like turbotax.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:35 AM

17 posts, read 6,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
In addition to what was shared above, you could also consider filing your 2023 taxes now. Depending on how complicated your situation is, you could likely file in a few hours with a tax software like turbotax.
Thank you so much. I am having both, a letter certifying that I received the bonus and another employment verification letter in which the cash bonus is included. Both signed and notarized by my employer. My taxes for this year are a bit complicated since I just got a divorce, but need to wait for the divorce paper to file as single. Hence, I would not include them in my application.

I am hoping to include all the supporting documents now, so they don't request additional ones and the process moves faster.

Do you know if you have a choice in the apartment you are assigned?

Old 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
Thank you so much. I am having both, a letter certifying that I received the bonus and another employment verification letter in which the cash bonus is included. Both signed and notarized by my employer. My taxes for this year are a bit complicated since I just got a divorce, but need to wait for the divorce paper to file as single. Hence, I would not include them in my application.

I am hoping to include all the supporting documents now, so they don't request additional ones and the process moves faster.

Do you know if you have a choice in the apartment you are assigned?
I would submit everything you have. I don't think I have ever seen anyone not get at least a 2nd documents request. Of course you should try to provide them with whatever they need ASAP but it is still very likely you have at least a little bit of back and forth with the agency.

Also submitting quickly doesn't make it easier to get an apartment, they have to go in log number order when HPD approves people. So long as you are responsive and meet their deadlines to submit things, you will be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery