Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2023, 04:02 PM

8 posts, read 7,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
This is the criteria that I’ve seen online,

You may not be rejected solely because of your credit score, your score may only be used as an indicator of financial stability. You may be accepted with a FICO credit score of 580 without further review of financial stability.

If your score is below 580, you may not be rejected unless you fail to meet other factors associated to eviction/landlord-tenant action and other credit findings. Other factors used instead of a credit score may include:

Eviction/Landlord-Tenant Action – You may be rejected for a prior eviction (with cause) within the last two years. If you are a homeless shelter client, you may be rejected for multiple evictions within the last two years.
You may be rejected for the following credit findings:
Bankruptcy filed within the last 12 months
Delinquencies, Collections, and Money Judgments. You may be rejected if you have an open or unsatisfied delinquencies, collections and money judgments that are more than $5,000 in total. This may include money judgments, and any accounts on the credit report that are over 120 delinquent or have been transferred to collections agency. Student loans and medical debt is not included in this total.
Ok I’m definitely below 580, 510 to be exact. Literally gonna have some stuff removed that would push me up to 620 but that would take 30-45 days

I have been living at my current apartment for about 5 years now. My landlord and staff are amazing I know them all. Only issue I ever had was my automatic bill pay feature was changed a few months ago and I missed two months rent and was sent a letter. I immediately paid the two months plus the further month to secure this mistake. Hopefully that doesn’t deter me. My luck had been crappy this year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2023, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS98 View Post
When were you requested for the 2nd round of documents? Have you submitted them yet?
July 17th, about 2 weeks ago. I sent the documents right away. From what I see they’ve been moving pretty fast.

Old 07-26-2023, 04:14 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post
Ok I’m definitely below 580, 510 to be exact. Literally gonna have some stuff removed that would push me up to 620 but that would take 30-45 days

I have been living at my current apartment for about 5 years now. My landlord and staff are amazing I know them all. Only issue I ever had was my automatic bill pay feature was changed a few months ago and I missed two months rent and was sent a letter. I immediately paid the two months plus the further month to secure this mistake. Hopefully that doesn’t deter me. My luck had been crappy this year
I have seen people with low credit got accepted. Hope your case will be fine too!

Old 07-26-2023, 10:08 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post

From what I've seen from some other people, you may simply have to prove that you're working on it. Not a guarantee, but something I've seen happen for some other folks on here who've had similar issues as they went through the process in other developments

Old 07-26-2023, 10:29 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
I submitted my first round of documents through Pronto but didn’t receive any email confirmation. Is that typical? How long before the 2nd round of request for docs?
From what others have said here, yes that's typical when dealing with pronto

Old 07-27-2023, 07:28 AM

603 posts, read 599,505 times
Article on Ruby:

https://newyorkyimby.com/2023/07/rub...manhattan.html

Old 07-27-2023, 12:52 PM

Hey Guys,

I have another question for the group. Has anyone used personal income as apart of their documentations submitted?

I work a part time job and I do freelance audio engineering. I have a business account set up for my engineering and the payments reflex on that account also.

I haven’t filed a 1099 or anything yet due to this being a fairly new occupation (2-3 years) and the money isn’t substantial. 8-10k extra a year. Does anyone have any insight on how they add this into my overall income ?

Thanks so much

Old 07-27-2023, 01:59 PM

50 posts, read 46,872 times
Do you need to submit documents on Housing Connect too in addition to Pronto? Application status ok Housing Connect says “Action Needed”.

Old 07-27-2023, 02:03 PM

57 posts, read 49,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Do you need to submit documents on Housing Connect too in addition to Pronto? Application status ok Housing Connect says “Action Needed”.
For first round you submit on both. Since you are submitting first round of docs do you mind if I ask what your log number is and if you are CB?

Old 07-27-2023, 02:33 PM

50 posts, read 46,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS98 View Post
For first round you submit on both. Since you are submitting first round of docs do you mind if I ask what your log number is and if you are CB?
Hi. Thank you. Not CB, but mobility preference. Log #32XX. By the way, I can’t seem to edit/add myself to the spreadsheet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery