Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 11:17 AM

36 posts, read 46,444 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think the building is dealing with delays? Anybody seen and picked a unit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 08:13 PM

6 posts, read 4,016 times
Wondering the same. I still haven’t heard anything

Old 04-28-2023, 09:30 AM

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaand View Post
Wondering the same. I still haven’t heard anything
Hi @anaand have you heard anything? What's your log number?

Old 05-03-2023, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 2,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmmmmmm View Post
Has anyone seen the units? Thoughts?
I received request for documents 2/2/23 (Log 59X)
I didn’t hear back for over a month and emailed my case manager on 3/9/23. She said they were at Log 430. Réside
I received request for the tour 5/1/23
I saw the unit 5/2/23

It was a group tour. 3 1BR left, 3 2BR left, but the group had more than that amount of people and there was a second group afterwards. Dealing with Reside has been hell. I got chosen for another lottery and ultimately passed on this one. Not close to a train at all and not great amenities.

Good luck everyone!

Old 05-03-2023, 02:53 PM

4 posts, read 2,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaand View Post
I got a request for documents a while ago and haven’t heard anything. My log number is under 1k. Have you already seen the units?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstgeninthecity View Post
I received request for documents 2/2/23 (Log 59X)
I didn’t hear back for over a month and emailed my case manager on 3/9/23. She said they were at Log 430. Réside
I received request for the tour 5/1/23
I saw the unit 5/2/23

It was a group tour. 3 1BR left, 3 2BR left, but the group had more than that amount of people and there was a second group afterwards. Dealing with Reside has been hell. I got chosen for another lottery and ultimately passed on this one. Not close to a train at all and not great amenities.

Good luck everyone!
As for the units! Pretty standard new builds. Corner kitchenette with electric stove. 2 balcony units available for both 1BR and 2BR. It didn’t seem like anyone was too excited on our tour, but you never know. The rooms allegedly fit a king sized bed and the closet was pretty decent. Stand in shower was also really nice and if you’re on a higher floor, there’s a beautiful view of Astoria bridge. We saw units 201 and 501 (1BR).

It really is a pretty decent building and has they been quicker, I probably would’ve went for it. Also, right next to the ferry which is really amazing! Walking distance to Costco, Noguchi Museum and Socrates Sculpture Park! I’m not sure if I’m forgetting anything lol. Trying to be as detailed as possible as these forums have been really getting me through this process

Old 05-04-2023, 07:31 PM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstgeninthecity View Post
As for the units! Pretty standard new builds. Corner kitchenette with electric stove. 2 balcony units available for both 1BR and 2BR. It didn’t seem like anyone was too excited on our tour, but you never know. The rooms allegedly fit a king sized bed and the closet was pretty decent. Stand in shower was also really nice and if you’re on a higher floor, there’s a beautiful view of Astoria bridge. We saw units 201 and 501 (1BR).

It really is a pretty decent building and has they been quicker, I probably would’ve went for it. Also, right next to the ferry which is really amazing! Walking distance to Costco, Noguchi Museum and Socrates Sculpture Park! I’m not sure if I’m forgetting anything lol. Trying to be as detailed as possible as these forums have been really getting me through this process
This is super helpful information! Thank you @firstgeninthecity for laying out your timeline and impressions!

Old 07-05-2023, 08:58 AM

7 posts, read 6,516 times
I'll be seeing a 2bedroom tonight, last year I had previously seen a unit in another property on the other side of the area that was honestly pretty perfect but just really not a big fan of being right next to Astoria Houses.

If the preview video I was supplied is the same unit layout, indeed fairly small with limited closets.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:05 PM

Default Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoddicker View Post
I'll be seeing a 2bedroom tonight, last year I had previously seen a unit in another property on the other side of the area that was honestly pretty perfect but just really not a big fan of being right next to Astoria Houses.

If the preview video I was supplied is the same unit layout, indeed fairly small with limited closets.
Congrats @CBoddicker! What kind of 2-bedroom did you see? What were your thoughts?

Old 07-06-2023, 12:18 PM

7 posts, read 6,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmmmmmm View Post
Congrats @CBoddicker! What kind of 2-bedroom did you see? What were your thoughts?
It was one on the 2nd floor and one on the 4th (205 and 405) only units from 3rd floor and above on that line have a Balcony. It was not bad to be honest, I've seen worse living room layouts but just two closets (one in the master bedroom and one next to the bathroom) I really liked the window designs especially in the living room.

Garage price per month was mentioned at $350 (though the agent wasn't 100% on that)

2 months free in the 1 year lease, 2 year potentially more.

I can share pics if anyone would be interested. There was a bunch of families there and overheard at least two interested, think they just had 2-3 of the 2 Bedrooms left (the rest of the building had been filled and move in was starting soon)

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rHnA9XLz9tw6LUaU7

Note: 205 was staged, 405 was empty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: