Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 08:13 PM

15 posts, read 19,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTresident View Post
Nice! Congrats.. Keep us updated.

Hope they reach out to me with units still available. Log 39xx, CB preference.
What's your AMI? Mine is for 100% and I need either a 2-bed or 3-bed and there aren't too many of those...but I am hopeful and just uploaded all the requested items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 10:38 PM

19 posts, read 7,986 times
Log #99 with no CB. Haven't been contacted

Old 08-03-2023, 12:34 AM

52 posts, read 44,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily les View Post
What's your AMI? Mine is for 100% and I need either a 2-bed or 3-bed and there aren't too many of those...but I am hopeful and just uploaded all the requested items.
My AMI is either 40 or 50% bc I have a voucher. I'm also looking for either a 1 or 2 bedroom since we're a household of 2. I've already submitted documents, just waiting for a reply back to see if any additional ones are needed or what the next step could be. They replied to you asking for additional documents, so maybe I shouldn't be too far off.

Also, they do CB preference before gen pop and with your 100% AMI, I think you have a good chance of moving forward.

Old 08-09-2023, 09:26 AM

103 posts, read 157,089 times
I'm log 49xx with CB preference, 100 AMI. Feels like a stretch but would love to hear about a one bed.

Old 08-09-2023, 10:26 PM

75 posts, read 57,576 times
log# 37xxx, no preferences, not expecting to hear back

Old 08-17-2023, 03:00 PM

15 posts, read 19,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTresident View Post
My AMI is either 40 or 50% bc I have a voucher. I'm also looking for either a 1 or 2 bedroom since we're a household of 2. I've already submitted documents, just waiting for a reply back to see if any additional ones are needed or what the next step could be. They replied to you asking for additional documents, so maybe I shouldn't be too far off.

Also, they do CB preference before gen pop and with your 100% AMI, I think you have a good chance of moving forward.
I was told this was still part of the prescreen so I'm trying not to get too excited but I really really hope that I hear something good soon!

Old 08-18-2023, 09:50 AM

94 posts, read 89,487 times
Log #47xx, CB preference and 100%, have not heard anything yet.

Old 08-23-2023, 05:48 PM

17 posts, read 13,402 times
Got asked to submit documents...fingers crossed here.

Posted above but Log #6xxx, CB preference, work for the city.

Old 08-23-2023, 07:41 PM

84 posts, read 67,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPudding View Post
Got asked to submit documents...fingers crossed here.

Posted above but Log #6xxx, CB preference, work for the city.

Considering that others with lower log #s and CB preference haven't been contacted yet, this suggests that you're being contacted due to your ME (municipal employee) preference. You might be able to confirm this by emailing the agent assigned to your document submission request.

As far as I understood from a recent discussion about this, preferences don't "stack" — for example, assuming you indeed got contacted due to municipal employment, they're going by log number for all city employees regardless of their current CB residence. They wouldn't call you before another city employee who has a lower log number just because you have CB preference. Likewise, if a generic Person X didn't have ME pref and they were being contacted due to CB pref, some other Person Y with both CB and ME preference but a higher log number wouldn't jump ahead of X in the CB line.

I'm pointing this out because it's useful for others to know that the ME units haven't been filled yet.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:35 AM

17 posts, read 13,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmora95 View Post
Considering that others with lower log #s and CB preference haven't been contacted yet, this suggests that you're being contacted due to your ME (municipal employee) preference. You might be able to confirm this by emailing the agent assigned to your document submission request.

As far as I understood from a recent discussion about this, preferences don't "stack" — for example, assuming you indeed got contacted due to municipal employment, they're going by log number for all city employees regardless of their current CB residence. They wouldn't call you before another city employee who has a lower log number just because you have CB preference. Likewise, if a generic Person X didn't have ME pref and they were being contacted due to CB pref, some other Person Y with both CB and ME preference but a higher log number wouldn't jump ahead of X in the CB line.

I'm pointing this out because it's useful for others to know that the ME units haven't been filled yet.
I see, thanks for the information! I thought they stacked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery