Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2023, 08:27 AM

253 posts, read 217,557 times

Advertisements

I was just selected to submit documents and I am going back and forth between submitting a credit check vs my 12 month payments. I don’t have anything owed never been evicted or none of that but because I’ve had to break my monthly payments through out the month into weekly payments I’m nervous that seeing a late fee would make developers not want to consider me even though it shows I’m up to date with payments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 08:33 AM

603 posts, read 599,505 times
Long as you are paying your rent, it is fine. But if you are worried then just do the credit check. They are usually more concerned about whether you meet the income requirements and your bank statements.

Old 02-20-2023, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Long as you are paying your rent, it is fine. But if you are worried then just do the credit check. They are usually more concerned about whether you meet the income requirements and your bank statements.
Ok that I was a bit worried because my credit isn’t that good but I’ve made sure to always pay the rent where I’ve never been asked to court or been evicted. Income I should be good I recently got accepted for a new position that pays a bit more than what I make now.

Old 02-20-2023, 09:11 AM

250 posts, read 250,143 times
I opted for the credit check. My credit is poor and I was still approved for the apartment.

Old 02-20-2023, 11:20 AM

515 posts, read 525,426 times
I had a similar situation to yours where I had a couple of late payments but no late fees and my marketing agent requested a credit check because I believe the rent payments had to show 12 consecutive on time payments, which I obviously did not have. At the time I had a fair credit score and no delinquencies and I was approved.

Old 02-20-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
I had a similar situation to yours where I had a couple of late payments but no late fees and my marketing agent requested a credit check because I believe the rent payments had to show 12 consecutive on time payments, which I obviously did not have. At the time I had a fair credit score and no delinquencies and I was approved.
Yea on my payments it shows I’m paying but not by the date management wants which is annoying because they still get the full payment before the next month. that my credit is low I have nothing in collections

Old 02-20-2023, 02:07 PM

515 posts, read 525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Yea on my payments it shows I’m paying but not by the date management wants which is annoying because they still get the full payment before the next month. that my credit is low I have nothing in collections
Yeah trust me I understand and mine was only 3 months out of the year which I paid late it wasn’t even the full year but they made me submit to a credit check anyways. I do know they can’t solely deny you based on your credit score, you need a bankruptcy or collections exceeding $5k to be rejected. I say submit your rent payment history first and see what happens. My process was two years ago so it’s possible things could have changed since then.

Also FYI the credit report I submitted was my equifax. I remember at the time it was free due to the pandemic and my actual report didn’t even have my credit score on there. So I’m not sure if they actually needed it because I see I had taken a screenshot and added the part with my score to my report on my own and my score was in the high 600s at the time.

Old 02-20-2023, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah trust me I understand and mine was only 3 months out of the year which I paid late it wasn’t even the full year but they made me submit to a credit check anyways. I do know they can’t solely deny you based on your credit score, you need a bankruptcy or collections exceeding $5k to be rejected. I say submit your rent payment history first and see what happens. My process was two years ago so it’s possible things could have changed since then.

Also FYI the credit report I submitted was my equifax. I remember at the time it was free due to the pandemic and my actual report didn’t even have my credit score on there. So I’m not sure if they actually needed it because I see I had taken a screenshot and added the part with my score to my report on my own and my score was in the high 600s at the time.
Yea I hate the management company I’m renting from now that I give 600 the beginning of the month and when I give the other part the following week they already count it as late and I’m like I could understand being 30-60 days but it’s just 1 week > and yea I checked my credit report with equifax and nothing appears in the collections section

Old 02-28-2023, 11:25 AM

11 posts, read 9,693 times
Quote:

You submitted your own credit check? via equifax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery