Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2023, 01:17 PM

46 posts, read 34,984 times

Advertisements

Please correct me if I’m wrong! But is it not true that if someone gets paid biweekly, the average of their 6 paystubs gets multiplied by 26? And if they only get paid TWICE a month, it’s multiplied by 24? I explained to reside that my partner and I both get paid twice a month, and they miscalculated my income. Then when I submitted a complaint to HPD, they did the same exact thing. Even though my partner and I always get paid on the 2 and last week of the month. I don’t care to escalate the issue further for that specific lottery, but I was called back for another lottery and I’m worried HPD is going to do the same thing. My agent is really kind and responsive so I’m sure she’ll be receptive to this information, but what should I do about HPD adamantly multiplying our paystub averages as if we get paid biweekly?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 01:36 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
You should appeal through the proper chanels.

Seems like mistakes, and this type of mistake happens often. Oh well. Two options, quit in disgust, or consult the official resources to seek a remedy. Appeals do succeed but only if a person makes an appeal. Telling someone, ‘you made a mistake’ is not exactly the same as making an appeal.

A complaint might not get you anything. However, an APPEAL might correct the matter. There is an APPEAL process for that reason. Find the online Marketing Handbook Handbook for details. The online Income Guide, and the FAQs online are also useful.

Also, search this forum on “Appeal” and you will get many hits describing successful appeals.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:46 PM

46 posts, read 34,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You should appeal through the proper chanels.

Seems like mistakes, and this type of mistake happens often. Oh well. Two options, quit in disgust, or consult the official resources to seek a remedy. Appeals do succeed but only if a person makes an appeal. Telling someone, ‘you made a mistake’ is not exactly the same as making an appeal.

A complaint might not get you anything. However, an APPEAL might correct the matter. There is an APPEAL process for that reason. Find the online Marketing Handbook Handbook for details. The online Income Guide, and the FAQs online are also useful.

Also, search this forum on “Appeal” and you will get many hits describing successful appeals.
Sorry I didn’t clarify, I did make an appeal, which they rejected. And then I made a complaint (that is what HC calls it, which is an appeal after the first appeal) and that also got rejected and in their reasoning they miscalculated our incomes. I’m not sure if there’s any other way to make more complaints after HPD rejected my second appeal :-/ I’ll look more into it though, thanks!

Old 03-31-2023, 02:53 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
You are totally correct about the number of paychecks you get in a year. A mistake is one thing, but to have HPD make the same mistake is insane! I can't believe your appeal was denied. Dumb and dumber!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 03-31-2023 at 03:19 PM..

Old 03-31-2023, 03:27 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
[QUOTE=romysdogmom;65083748]Sorry I didn’t clarify, I did make an appeal, which they rejected. And then I made a complaint (that is what HC calls it, which is an appeal after the first appeal) and that also got rejected and in their reasoning they miscalculated our incomes. I’m not sure if there’s any other way to make more complaints after HPD rejected my second appeal :-/ I’ll look more into it though, thanks![/quote]
Suggest you reach out to elected representatives, Assembly person, State Senator, City Councilor for constituent service. Also, consider contacting ownership at the executive level, and HPD at the exec level. They should each ought to be concerned that such simple mistakes occur and are not corrected when an appeal is made. At some point, we hope a desire to avoid embarrassment might kick in.

Old 04-01-2023, 09:11 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Oh man sorry to hear. Maybe if this happens again in the future try to also get a letter from HR stating your pay frequency? This way there’s no confusion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery