Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 12:38 PM

411 posts, read 405,315 times

Advertisements

Same here. Log 10xxx we were asked to submit documents today but we just put down a deposit for another building a week ago. Anybody know if they still have two bedroom available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 02:54 PM

55 posts, read 54,234 times
i hope i have a chance of getting called back :/ 63xxx CB

Old 05-21-2024, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 980 times
Do they contact 100 people in batches for CB?

Old 05-21-2024, 07:31 PM

42 posts, read 34,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsunshines View Post
Do they contact 100 people in batches for CB?
I believe someone said that they are processing batches of 50

Old 05-21-2024, 09:12 PM

42 posts, read 34,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene Views View Post
I believe someone said that they are processing batches of 50
Sorry, I just checked my initial email from the marketing agency. They are processing batches of 100

Old 05-23-2024, 02:47 PM

Did anyone get document request from pronto too? I was contacted via HC 5/20 and I submitted all documents the next day. Today as 5/23 I received an email from pronto for documents. Do I have to submit via pronto too? Cause last time I did it for another building it messed up things. They rejected us saying they didn’t receive some documents but there were all submitted on HC and pronto(some of the doc were not request on pronto that’s why I submitted everything on HC). I am so traumatized by this.

Old 05-23-2024, 03:29 PM

2,180 posts, read 1,802,683 times
@ KevinCH,

I am happy you have an opportunity and sad that it is traumatic. My initial thought is to yes submit to Pronto. Include a letter of transmittal in large type briefly explaining you are complying with the request but have also submitted the same documents to HC on 5/20 at their request.

Anyway, your recent prevailing in establishing household income over rejection ought to give you confidence in that established income number.

Good luck

Old 05-23-2024, 05:03 PM

601 posts, read 493,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Did anyone get document request from pronto too? I was contacted via HC 5/20 and I submitted all documents the next day. Today as 5/23 I received an email from pronto for documents. Do I have to submit via pronto too? Cause last time I did it for another building it messed up things. They rejected us saying they didn’t receive some documents but there were all submitted on HC and pronto(some of the doc were not request on pronto that’s why I submitted everything on HC). I am so traumatized by this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
@ KevinCH,

I am happy you have an opportunity and sad that it is traumatic. My initial thought is to yes submit to Pronto. Include a letter of transmittal in large type briefly explaining you are complying with the request but have also submitted the same documents to HC on 5/20 at their request.

Anyway, your recent prevailing in establishing household income over rejection ought to give you confidence in that established income number.

Good luck
To avoid potential delays, I recommend submitting your application on both platforms, doing so will simplify the process and avoid any rejections or delays. Any delay or rejection leads to others being processed while you are dealing with appeals as marketing agents are not required to hold the unit for you while the appeal is being dealt with.

I'm not sure about there still being availability of a 2-bedroom unit in this development or are you considering the 1-bedroom option since its more affordable than Ruby. If you already signed the lease at Ruby, I'd imagine there being at least some penalty or overlap for rent etc if you back out and decide not to move there.

Please note that Settlement Housing is the marketing agent for this lottery, and they may do take their time processing applicants. Things could be different but I had worked with them for a lotery unit and took quite a while to move things forward between each submission and requests.

I'd want to make sure to have a clear understanding of the units available and a realistic idea of your chances, considering the number of applicants ahead of you for the same unit mixes. If your approval depends on their rejections then youll be scaling a slippery slope. It is so hard to get a clear idea but if you can do so by speakign with them about log numbers ahead of you etc then its def a pursuit worth trying.

Old 05-24-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
To avoid potential delays, I recommend submitting your application on both platforms, doing so will simplify the process and avoid any rejections or delays. Any delay or rejection leads to others being processed while you are dealing with appeals as marketing agents are not required to hold the unit for you while the appeal is being dealt with.

I'm not sure about there still being availability of a 2-bedroom unit in this development or are you considering the 1-bedroom option since its more affordable than Ruby. If you already signed the lease at Ruby, I'd imagine there being at least some penalty or overlap for rent etc if you back out and decide not to move there.

Please note that Settlement Housing is the marketing agent for this lottery, and they may do take their time processing applicants. Things could be different but I had worked with them for a lotery unit and took quite a while to move things forward between each submission and requests.

I'd want to make sure to have a clear understanding of the units available and a realistic idea of your chances, considering the number of applicants ahead of you for the same unit mixes. If your approval depends on their rejections then youll be scaling a slippery slope. It is so hard to get a clear idea but if you can do so by speakign with them about log numbers ahead of you etc then its def a pursuit worth trying.
Yea. 1br from this building will be $1k cheaper than Ruby now we are not sure if we still want to move because by moving would change our address out of CB4.

Old 05-24-2024, 01:56 PM

601 posts, read 493,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Yea. 1br from this building will be $1k cheaper than Ruby now we are not sure if we still want to move because by moving would change our address out of CB4.
That is an awesome price,

I hope there are enough 1 beds - did you get clarity if you are actually in line for a unit if you go through the process?

Also, know that moving forward CB preference is only 20% - for me the $1k saving is a lot more important than CB. I hope they can give you an honest understanding of your chances even if it takes longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery