Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2023, 07:04 PM

48 posts, read 44,689 times

Advertisements

any new updates on this lottery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 08:49 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
I think the delay is because of the construction. I walked pass the building yesterday. The lobby is 90% done, it seems much much smaller than the picture they put on streeteasy. They were still adjusting something and no person working at the front desk yet so I am guessing the building is not move ready yet. also, most of the balcony fences are not installed yet only the sample units are installed which I saw two. For people who have been contacted still waiting for hear back you can dm me. I have their contact but since my log is in the next batch they wouldn't provide me more info until its my turn but I am happy to share the contact number so we can find out what's the holding up.

Old 12-15-2023, 04:17 PM

5 posts, read 3,930 times
Oh okay makes sense. I haven't heard back from plenty of applications and some of my log numbers were less than 4000 at most. All we can do is pray that our application gets processed and move into a new place.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:32 AM

Any updates?

Old 12-20-2023, 04:16 PM

Just walked by the building and I saw some people have moved in. I am assuming they are MR. Any idea what's the hold up with lottery units? It's been no movement for over three months now.

Old 12-25-2023, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 1,833 times
I just discovered this forum and wanted to see if anyone had any updates? I was contacted in August to submit my documents and have LOG 3xxx. My documents have been 'under review' for a few months and I wanted to see if anyone has been able to get out of the 'under review' stage / what my chances are of being contacted. Thanks!

Old 12-25-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl844 View Post
I just discovered this forum and wanted to see if anyone had any updates? I was contacted in August to submit my documents and have LOG 3xxx. My documents have been 'under review' for a few months and I wanted to see if anyone has been able to get out of the 'under review' stage / what my chances are of being contacted. Thanks!
All the people who’ve been contacted in the spreadsheet are in the same boat as you. There’s been no movement for months. Nobody knows why. Hopefully things will start moving after the holidays.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Old 12-25-2023, 11:04 AM

186 posts, read 267,858 times
Yes I live in a lottery apartment there are dedicated lines as well as every unit has a walk in shower , no bathtubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene Views View Post
I hope that’s not the case. But yes, it is quite common for developers to allocate an entire line for affordable units. It helps them spread to the units throughout the building as usually required by hpd or the CB and it helps them keep track of which units are which.

I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen an instance where there were no bathtubs specifically in the income restricted units, but who knows what will happen. I like the walk-in shower, but I can see it being difficult for a family with small children especially.

Old 12-25-2023, 12:46 PM

16 posts, read 12,228 times
Are the units small?how’s the clothes space?Thank you for all the information.Happy Holidays

Old 12-25-2023, 12:48 PM

16 posts, read 12,228 times
*typo closet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery