Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2023, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,119 times

Advertisements

Hello, KevinCH

My log # is 10xxx my GP is city employee preference/disabled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 09:59 AM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
I was in the area last night. Hopefully they will start the move in soon. Seems like the interior on the lower floors are done but not the balcony units and commercial floors. The left the lights on at night so I could kinda see inside the building. Here are some pictures I took if you’re interested to see

https://imgur.com/gallery/18nbwdS

Last edited by KevinCH; 10-09-2023 at 10:42 AM..

Old 10-09-2023, 10:49 AM

48 posts, read 44,689 times
Thanks for the pictures @KevinCH! the kitchen area reminds me a bit of 3eleven. I feel like they'll definitely start moving people in before December. I hope everyone in this thread gets contacted soon

Old 10-09-2023, 09:42 PM

36 posts, read 26,041 times
Thanks for posting! So much clearer to see the progress at night. Fingers crossed for all of us

Old 10-10-2023, 06:47 AM

4 posts, read 2,395 times
Hi. It's been over a month and 3 days since i submitted my additional documents to the management company. Havent heard anything at all since them. The Housing Connect website just says for this lottery my status is "under review". It's nervewracking and feels like its not going to happen. I sent in very sensitive documents and personal information for this apartment. Starting to make me feel uneasy. Is it normal to not hear anything for this long and see no progress at this stage of the application process? Should i contact them and ask what is going on?
Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:01 AM

250 posts, read 250,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballnyc View Post
Hi. It's been over a month and 3 days since i submitted my additional documents to the management company. Havent heard anything at all since them. The Housing Connect website just says for this lottery my status is "under review". It's nervewracking and feels like its not going to happen. I sent in very sensitive documents and personal information for this apartment. Starting to make me feel uneasy. Is it normal to not hear anything for this long and see no progress at this stage of the application process? Should i contact them and ask what is going on?
For the building next door, I was asked to submit documents October 2022. I did then right away. I didn’t hear back until December 2022 when they asked for additional documents. After the additional documents were sent, I didn’t hear back again until mid January to schedule a viewing and then I got approved for the apartment in February of 2023. Moved in May 2023.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:18 AM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
I am guessing it’s because the building is not ready for move in yet. I’ve seen people waited for 4-6 months after they submitted their documents. To me, housing lottery is a big waiting game but there’s no harm to reach out to your agent and ask for an update.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:13 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Hi. It's been over a month and 3 days since i submitted my additional documents to the management company.

Is it normal to not hear anything for this long and see no progress at this stage of the application process? Should i contact them and ask what is going on?
It’s not unusual for the process to take a long time. There can be many reasons. As someone posted, it the building isn’t ready for occupancy that is a reason to lower the priority. It’s even rational because they might end up makings offers for units that might not be ready for months then those people turn them down when they are ready.

It’s very normal not to hear anything. Hypothetically, a lottery would have too many people to keep posted with an update that, ‘there is no update’.

Keep in mind it’s hard for anyone to forecast when the building will be ready because an issue or delay can pop up they can’t control or they are waiting on second, and third parties to fulfill requirements.

Be prepared for MORE DOCUMENT REQUESTS. Some documents become ‘stale’ if they sit too long. If you get a request again, comply with it as best you can by the deadline.

Hang in there. A long process enables opportunities for others to drop out or fail to respond which enhances your chance of prevailing.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:36 PM

36 posts, read 26,041 times
I’ve not heard back from the management agency yet as well. I’m still hopeful. I’ve been through this process before (twice) and the ‘hurry and stop’ is quite normal. In each instance, my process took about four months from first request to move in. I’ve heard of much longer waits and very short processing times. Keep the faith

Old 10-11-2023, 10:44 PM

4 posts, read 2,395 times
Thank you to all that replied to my post.i appreciate all the advice and encouragementand. It helped to calm my nerves for sure! I think i will reach out to my agent. Afterall it does say in the closing of the email that requested the second round of documents "feel free to reply to this email if (i) have any questions"
Keeping finges crossed!!☹️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery