Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 12:18 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Lottery ‘waiting list’ opening on or about May 11. On Mitchell-Lama Connect. I can’t guess when someone on the new list will get a 2 bed unit.

Max Income, ~$180K; Max Price, ~$12K; Max Maintenance, ~$1300.00 per month.
Min Income, ~$44K; Max Price, ~$11K; Max Maintenance, ~$1100.00 per month.

MASARYK TOWERS
61 COLUMBIA STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10002 • MITCHELL-LAMA CO-OP
TWO BEDROOM CO-OP APARTMENT WAITING LIST IS BEING OPENED

OCCUPANCY STANDARDS: TWO (2) BEDROOM: No fewer than three persons, a brother and a sister who are both adults, OR a parent or guardian with at least one child.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: (FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION)
• Applications are not transferable.
• Applicants must be financially responsible.
• Current Shareholders are not eligible to apply
• Applicant must be a New York State resident
• Applicant must be at least 18 Years Old at the time of the lottery.
• Preference will be given to documented veterans selected in the lottery.
• Any applicant that does not have the proper family composition will automatically be disqualified.
• ONE REQUEST ONLY PER APPLICANT. Any applicant placing a duplicate request will not be entered into the lottery.
An applicant can only submit a paper entry or an on-line entry. If applicants enter on-line and also mail in a letter or
postcard, they have submitted a duplicate request and will not be eligible for the lottery.
• An applicant whose name is selected in a lottery cannot be included in the family composition of any other applicant
who is selected in the same lottery for that particular housing company development.
Failure to comply will result in the disqualification of both applicants.
• HPD is not affiliated with any third party organizations regarding Mitchell Lama lotteries. If applicants use a third party
organization to assist with applying for the lottery, no preference will be given to applicants nor should an applicant pay any fees to apply to the lottery.

Additional Information: A $75 non-refundable application fee will be required at the completion of the lottery for candidates that are selected. Those selected will be notified by the managing agent and will be required to submit the application fee made payable to the managing agent only. The Two-Bedroom Waiting list will be established by a limited lottery and 200 applicants will be drawn.
HOW TO APPLY: ONLINE You can now apply to a lottery online through Mitchell-Lama Connect. Applying is fast, easy and you will be able to check the status of your entry to see if you have been selected.
To apply on line go to: https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...y.html#ml-home
BY MAIL Mail Post Card or Envelope by regular mail. Registered and Certified Mail will not be accepted. Clearly print your full first and last name, current address and last 4 digits of your social security number and the bedroom size lottery that you wish to apply for. If you do not include the last 4 digits of your social security numbe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 06:01 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Looks like this place is literally a 'gated community.' Anyone have any experience or know what it is like to live there?

Old 05-04-2023, 06:33 AM

166 posts, read 174,273 times
*goes to original post from 2010 for reviews* lol

Old 05-04-2023, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaDarling7708 View Post
*goes to original post from 2010 for reviews* lol
101 pages of thoughts - thanks! lol

Last edited by BPC1999; 05-04-2023 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-04-2023, 07:04 AM

603 posts, read 598,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Looks like this place is literally a 'gated community.' Anyone have any experience or know what it is like to live there?
Yes gated, but not the best security. Anyone can just follow someone else to get in. I would say definitely better than NYCHA. There is a pool in the community.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:11 AM

166 posts, read 174,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
101 pages of thoughts - thanks! lol
Skim through the last half! We have current threads with 10-20 pages worth of thoughts and/or anticipation before the developments are even posted on the housing connect site lol

Old 05-04-2023, 10:10 AM

111 posts, read 100,424 times
Can I apply with my parent as the second person, and my parent apply
separately with me as the second person?

Old 05-04-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post
Can I apply with my parent as the second person, and my parent apply
separately with me as the second person?
"An applicant whose name is selected in a lottery cannot be included in the family composition of any other applicant who is selected in the same lottery for that particular housing company development. Failure to comply will result in the disqualification of both applicants."

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ntPdf/1197.pdf

You run the risk of being disqualified if you both apply with each other as a family member.

Last edited by BPC1999; 05-04-2023 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: added link to source

Old 05-04-2023, 10:18 AM

111 posts, read 100,424 times
How do they keep all applicants fair when some are paper and others online? Is one better than the other?

Old 05-04-2023, 11:17 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post
How do they keep all applicants fair when some are paper and others online? Is one better than the other?
Applications received by mail are manually entered into the computer system once received. After the application deadline passes they run the lottery with the whole pool and issue the log #s. There is no advantage for method of application. If you can apply online I would though because then you can check your status online etc. vs having to do communication via mail or phone call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery