Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2024, 03:47 PM

19 posts, read 9,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintk6 View Post
When we see things like this we have to tell security. Based on my last experience this can and will get out of control very quickly. A brand new building would look like it's 10 years old in 2 years, I've seen it happen.
I highly doubt it go to shambles because of marijuana. However once that boarded up barricade is down by the museum unless it’s no smoking signs which I doubt because it’s public property it’s going to be the smell of it often. It’s literally a “hotspot” once everything below the building opens. So it’s definitely expected. I rather that smell than rats, mice, bed bugs or water bugs. Also the apartment doors seem pretty flimsy and not properly on the hinges of the apartments entryway another reason why it can be easily smelled. And the apartment walls near the base of the floor isn’t properly set either if you really look at them. I think they moved too fast with this building didn’t think it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 06:27 AM

268 posts, read 142,178 times
Not a bunch of Karen's

I dont smoke but who cares that much to report Marijuana? Ppl with Cancer smokes it because it gives them an appetite while on chemo

You never know what ppl is going thru in life. You can't smell alcohol now could you ?

Ppl can't catch a break without someone being a Karen

Now if they are destroying the building that's different.

This is still the bronx and it's a big ass building. Yall complaining now wait until 2 years from now ...

Old 01-09-2024, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaMinuaj View Post
I highly doubt it go to shambles because of marijuana. However once that boarded up barricade is down by the museum unless it’s no smoking signs which I doubt because it’s public property it’s going to be the smell of it often. It’s literally a “hotspot” once everything below the building opens. So it’s definitely expected. I rather that smell than rats, mice, bed bugs or water bugs. Also the apartment doors seem pretty flimsy and not properly on the hinges of the apartments entryway another reason why it can be easily smelled. And the apartment walls near the base of the floor isn’t properly set either if you really look at them. I think they moved too fast with this building didn’t think it out.
Yes every room the floors are separated from the wall..definitely a rush or a bad job. That means rodents will be coming in smh.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:28 AM

33 posts, read 25,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenberry86 View Post
Not a bunch of Karen's

I dont smoke but who cares that much to report Marijuana? Ppl with Cancer smokes it because it gives them an appetite while on chemo

You never know what ppl is going thru in life. You can't smell alcohol now could you ?

This is still the bronx and it's a big ass building. Yall complaining now wait until 2 years from now ...
I don’t think it’s about being a Karen. I smoke marijuana in my luxury lottery apartment. I cover under my door. I also only smoke in the bathroom and make sure I have plenty of smell goods. I don’t want my apartment smelling like weed or the hallway. It’s about how you carry yourself. My place never smells like weed. That’s nasty and distasteful. Some people just smoke freely and don’t care and don’t spray or anything. But than again that’s the Bronx so not surprised. It’ll be more than that going on in that building soon. Good luck …..

Old 01-09-2024, 01:28 PM

4 posts, read 1,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay2300 View Post
I don’t think it’s about being a Karen. I smoke marijuana in my luxury lottery apartment. I cover under my door. I also only smoke in the bathroom and make sure I have plenty of smell goods. I don’t want my apartment smelling like weed or the hallway. It’s about how you carry yourself. My place never smells like weed. That’s nasty and distasteful. Some people just smoke freely and don’t care and don’t spray or anything. But than again that’s the Bronx so not surprised. It’ll be more than that going on in that building soon. Good luck …..
My point exactly. I used to smoke and nobody would’ve known. People will eventually get too comfortable because they just don't care. There was trash & dryer sheets all over the floor of the laundry before they finally put a trash bin in there because people couldn’t bother with cleaning up after themselves. One weekend before the new year, the front of building was looking crazy with a ton of trash.. because people don’t care. I hope they get it under control or this will be another prime example of people urging you to stay away from fully affordable buildings. Problems start off small before they evolve.

Simple.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:55 PM

283 posts, read 161,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabella View Post
My point exactly. I used to smoke and nobody would’ve known. People will eventually get too comfortable because they just don't care. There was trash & dryer sheets all over the floor of the laundry before they finally put a trash bin in there because people couldn’t bother with cleaning up after themselves. One weekend before the new year, the front of building was looking crazy with a ton of trash.. because people don’t care. I hope they get it under control or this will be another prime example of people urging you to stay away from fully affordable buildings. Problems start off small before they evolve.

Simple.

Wow thankfully I haven't seen any of that. I have no complaint so far well besides the kids in the gym lol.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabella View Post

Simple.
In all honesty it ain’t really affordable if your income go up so does your rent it’s people paying $3K in these buildings and sometimes they’re the ones that make the mess. I used to work in luxury, luxury buildings it’s the same and they will tell their neighbors “kick rocks I pay my rent” when I luxury I mean penthouses. It’s just humans in general. People also let their children do what they want too. Either by a house or be surrounded by the nonsense lol smh. But I think what it is like early stated people just gotta be more conscious, neat and out the way. Because I don’t care about smoke but trash no wayyy.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenberry86 View Post
Not a bunch of Karen's

That’s true I don’t care about smoke just keep it clean.

Old 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaMinuaj View Post
That’s true I don’t care about smoke just keep it clean.
Exactly I stay in my unit and I mind my business

Just keep it clean ppl

Old 01-10-2024, 08:42 AM

115 posts, read 71,210 times
I have no complaints besides being scared one time coming in totally forgetting ppl with mental illness will be moving in and I have to be mindful this is their home as well as mines I just was very freaked out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery