Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 10:35 AM

19 posts, read 9,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muva1019 View Post
I have no complaints besides being scared one time coming in totally forgetting ppl with mental illness will be moving in and I have to be mindful this is their home as well as mines I just was very freaked out
Whattt glad you said that, that didn’t even cross my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 10:37 AM

143 posts, read 69,658 times
FYI for those awaiting to be contacted , I was informed they are still working on CB preference.

Old 01-10-2024, 12:21 PM

27 posts, read 11,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muva1019 View Post
I have no complaints besides being scared one time coming in totally forgetting ppl with mental illness will be moving in and I have to be mindful this is their home as well as mines I just was very freaked out
Wait what!!! People with mental illness will be living in that building?

Old 01-10-2024, 12:44 PM

269 posts, read 142,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseSinai View Post
Wait what!!! People with mental illness will be living in that building?
I didn't see that I saw 100 set aside units for young adults leaving forster care

Old 01-10-2024, 02:42 PM

13 posts, read 8,169 times
Random question. Did anyone have to resubmit documentation because paperwork expired. If so how long did it take to hear back if everything was still good to go ?

Old 01-10-2024, 03:33 PM

8 posts, read 3,135 times
If you've already moved into this building, then that means you have Community Board preference, meaning you lived in or near the surrounding area of the Bronx. I grew up in the Bronx, Webster Avenue to be exact and I'm not sure why the Community Board preference ppl are on this forum acting all bougie.
Weed smoke? Mental health? Roaches?
That's what y'all really on this forum complaining about? Like that's not something you're used to being from the Bronx.
Don't act bougie now!

Old 01-10-2024, 03:43 PM

8 posts, read 3,135 times
Also I would like to add for the people that already moved in, yall can't call each other or visit one another in the building
and ask these questions about y'all units that y'all are Already in?
I thought this forum was to better help ppl waiting for the lottery to have a better understanding of the process and getting information for one another?
The one's that got their unit literally has been of no help to the ppl on this forum still waiting so as I said, y'all can't call one another?

Old 01-10-2024, 04:06 PM

98 posts, read 61,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana80s View Post
If you've already moved into this building, then that means you have Community Board preference, meaning you lived in or near the surrounding area of the Bronx. I grew up in the Bronx, Webster Avenue to be exact and I'm not sure why the Community Board preference ppl are on this forum acting all bougie.
That's what y'all really on this forum complaining about? Like that's not something you're used to being from the Bronx.
Don't act bougie now!
Not my fight, but this attitude is why “we can’t have nice things.”
Weed smoke and roaches are 1000% valid reasons to complain. When given a luxury rental opportunity to change the circumstances and environment it’s okay to say “hey, I’m spending my paycheck here, can we meet basic cleanliness and consideration?” If you want to live in trash, stay in trash, don’t bring trash to the luxury spot. That’s not just this building, that’s anywhere, and why people are territorial and exclusive about their housing areas—disrespect your old home that’s used to it, don’t bring it to the new ones where people go to start anew.

It’s okay to act bougie in a bougie ass building when you’re paying bougie ass money.

Last edited by Anon7mouse; 01-10-2024 at 04:16 PM..

Old 01-10-2024, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovey16 View Post
Random question. Did anyone have to resubmit documentation because paperwork expired. If so how long did it take to hear back if everything was still good to go ?
Once you send in updated docs and you don't hear from them lik questioning the updated doc then you should be fine

When I had to resubmit she didn't say anything else

Old 01-10-2024, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana80s View Post
Don't act bougie now!
Exactly !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery