Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 05:21 PM

269 posts, read 142,178 times

Advertisements

Anyways can't wait for the weather to break to enjoy the outdoor areas.

I'm glad I got the city view.

Hopefully no Karen's have the inside view.. lmao I'm jk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 06:33 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling1783 View Post
You really cant preach to people who aren’t used to having anything, literally. Just because certain things have become the “norm” over the years, doesn’t make it acceptable or a way anyone should live. Its crazy one is made to feel like something is wrong with them because they want a smoke free environment or pest free after paying thousands a month on their rent. Like yeah weed is legal, but what about people with respiratory illnesses? If it clearly states in the lease that the building is smoke free, why must someone be called a “Karen” because it’s not being abided by? But again, thats just the mentality of a smoker and someone who doesn't care about how it affects others that chose to live a smoke free life. One of the top reasons why parents have ACS cases in NYC is because of marijuana. But I guess a parent like myself is just supposed to ignore the second and third hand inhalation of it because its legal and we’re in the south bronx. Such a joke wanting to live better and have a fresh start after waiting years to be called for a unit through HC is considered bougie.
Agreed. Unfortunately, some people who aren’t used to “having” truly won’t know or care to know what to do when they do finally “have.” It’s more a systemic failure than a personal one. Anyway, I wish you guys safe, comfortable, destructive smoke-free and rodent-free homes.

Old 01-12-2024, 11:28 PM

24 posts, read 11,374 times
Calling people Karen’s for not wanting their entire apartment to smell like nasty marijuana….. yeah make that make sense. It doesn’t matter if weed is legal, it’s not allowed in this building which was stated on the lease. Idgaf what people do to affect themselves but when your actions are affecting other people don’t put blame on them for complaining. I’m a student and have a full time job, there is no reason my clothes should smell like marijuana bc of someone else having no decency and respect. & guess what, imma complain about and report every roach , every puff of smoke, every unattended disorderly child until I’m blue in the face bc you may be okay with living in filth and anarchy but I’m not. So call me captain Karen bc I will be speaking to the managers constantly

Old 01-13-2024, 07:52 AM

8 posts, read 3,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyQueen View Post
Calling people Karen’s for not wanting their entire apartment to smell like nasty marijuana….. yeah make that make sense. It doesn’t matter if weed is legal, it’s not allowed in this building which was stated on the lease. Idgaf what people do to affect themselves but when your actions are affecting other people don’t put blame on them for complaining. I’m a student and have a full time job, there is no reason my clothes should smell like marijuana bc of someone else having no decency and respect. & guess what, imma complain about and report every roach , every puff of smoke, every unattended disorderly child until I’m blue in the face bc you may be okay with living in filth and anarchy but I’m not. So call me captain Karen bc I will be speaking to the managers constantly
Your clothes are going to be smelling like weed?!?
A bit dramatic don't you tthink? If it doesn't effect you, it's non of your business. Mind your own business. That is a huge building and you're concern should be your unit that you Won.

Old 01-13-2024, 06:32 PM

ZzzzZzzZzz

Old 01-14-2024, 09:04 AM

44 posts, read 26,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenberry86 View Post
Not a bunch of Karen's

I dont smoke but who cares that much to report Marijuana? Ppl with Cancer smokes it because it gives them an appetite while on chemo

You never know what ppl is going thru in life. You can't smell alcohol now could you ?

Ppl can't catch a break without someone being a Karen

Now if they are destroying the building that's different.

This is still the bronx and it's a big ass building. Yall complaining now wait until 2 years from now ...
What about the fire hazard aspect of smoking in the apartment?

Old 01-14-2024, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintk6 View Post
What about the fire hazard aspect of smoking in the apartment?
These are new buildings stop it....

What if it wasn't a smoke free building ? Yall would've still accepted the offer ...

Idc I don't smoke and I mind my business.

Anywho I'm enjoying MY UNIT and I love the convenience except there's no good 24hr grocery store Bodega near by

Old 01-14-2024, 04:58 PM

You seem really chill. I hope you're enjoying your new home, love.

Old 01-14-2024, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenberry86 View Post
These are new buildings stop it....

What if it wasn't a smoke free building ? Yall would've still accepted the offer ...

Idc I don't smoke and I mind my business.

Anywho I'm enjoying MY UNIT and I love the convenience except there's no good 24hr grocery store Bodega near by
You seem really chill. I hope you're enjoying your new home, love.

Old 01-14-2024, 06:23 PM

44 posts, read 26,097 times
Toni's the building manager. Ms. Lopez (alopez@ccmanagers.com) is the assistant building manager. She has an office on 3. If anyone has any questions or concerns, you might want to shoot her an email or stop by the office.

Love,

Karen, jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery