Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 10:46 AM

4,799 posts, read 6,646,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citywanderer0385993 View Post
We have a 6xx log number for this but income just increased (still qualified). Should I go to my profile and change it or should I wait until paper work is asked for (hopefully if the email comes through)

Also what’re the chances getting picked with this number with a senior household member
Do you have community preference or not? That makes all the difference. If you have community preference you will be among the first batch called. If you don't, you will have to wait until all the preference groups are processed.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 11-28-2023 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 12:10 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,720,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ira_ View Post
Thank you! Interesting points, appreciate it! Sure, I'll share if and when I'll be contacted. Regarding my situation:

1. We don't have a household member who is 62 years of age or older. But we have 130% AMI.
2. We don't live in Manhattan Community Board 4.

Still looks like we might have a chance.
With CB4 preference and a log# between 10 and 19 you will almost certainly be contacted and in the first round.

You should immediately consult the Market Handbook table of context about Income, also the Income A Guide, and FAQs. You are going to be asked for a lot of documents. There is a list online.

There are four 130% AMI units, one is a studio, two are 1 bedroom, the remaining one is a two bedroom. If your household qualifies for all four that increases your chances.

Based on you log# 1x, there can be no more than 18 lower log#s. You know the exact answer. I don’t need to share it here. Remember, there is only one set of log#s for the entire building.

It’s not impossible that you are the lowest log# seeking a 130% AMI unit that you qualify for. This is because, maybe all the 18 or fewer lower log# might not be CB4 preference, or perhaps none of them qualify at 130% AMI, or any combination. There are three other AMI% in the lottery and no overlap with 130%.

Just for fun, let’s subtract one unit for each category that is not seeking the same type unit as you are. Subtract one each for non-CB preference, and 1 for each of the AMI%s that are not 130%. So that is -4. If that is true, then 18-4=14 there are only 14 possible lower log#s than yours.

Except: A few units of any AMI and any age go to disability preference. These might take a unit you qualify or not.

Another thing that can help your chance is a lower log# that does want a 130% AMI unit but declines it. They might decline it for any reason, it’s too small, it’s too expensive, it’s too far from the job or whatever, they found something they like better. Also, just because they have a lower log# with CB preference, and think they are 130% AMI is not enough they still have to qualify for the income bracket on paper. Maybe they got a big raise, or lost a job or whatever.

Old 11-28-2023, 01:35 PM

9 posts, read 5,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
With CB4 preference and a log# between 10 and 19 you will almost certainly be contacted and in the first round.

You should immediately consult the Market Handbook table of context about Income, also the Income A Guide, and FAQs. You are going to be asked for a lot of documents. There is a list online.

There are four 130% AMI units, one is a studio, two are 1 bedroom, the remaining one is a two bedroom. If your household qualifies for all four that increases your chances.

Based on you log# 1x, there can be no more than 18 lower log#s. You know the exact answer. I don’t need to share it here. Remember, there is only one set of log#s for the entire building.

It’s not impossible that you are the lowest log# seeking a 130% AMI unit that you qualify for. This is because, maybe all the 18 or fewer lower log# might not be CB4 preference, or perhaps none of them qualify at 130% AMI, or any combination. There are three other AMI% in the lottery and no overlap with 130%.

Just for fun, let’s subtract one unit for each category that is not seeking the same type unit as you are. Subtract one each for non-CB preference, and 1 for each of the AMI%s that are not 130%. So that is -4. If that is true, then 18-4=14 there are only 14 possible lower log#s than yours.

Except: A few units of any AMI and any age go to disability preference. These might take a unit you qualify or not.

Another thing that can help your chance is a lower log# that does want a 130% AMI unit but declines it. They might decline it for any reason, it’s too small, it’s too expensive, it’s too far from the job or whatever, they found something they like better. Also, just because they have a lower log# with CB preference, and think they are 130% AMI is not enough they still have to qualify for the income bracket on paper. Maybe they got a big raise, or lost a job or whatever.
Right, a few factors may affect it, a matter of luck As you mentioned, people with lower log# may not seeking for 130% AMI or might not be CB4 preference. So, we'll just wait and see what's going to happen. I'll definitely read FAQs and other info, thank you!

Old 12-07-2023, 07:17 AM

57 posts, read 50,513 times
A couple of days ago the status of my log number 14** (40% AMI) changed from "Applied" to "Pending." Has anyone else noticed a change in status or movement regarding their log numbers?

Old 01-18-2024, 02:46 PM

26 posts, read 20,759 times
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Old 01-29-2024, 09:06 AM

9 posts, read 5,987 times
No, nothing so far.

Old 02-08-2024, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 712 times
I've been contacted to submit documentation for further processing in January 22nd, but I have not heard anything after.
60%AMI, CB preference, log #8xxx. Can someone explain what it means?

Old 02-08-2024, 03:08 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,720,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcoba View Post
I've been contacted to submit documentation for further processing in January 22nd, but I have not heard anything after.
60%AMI, CB preference, log #8xxx. Can someone explain what it means?
Scroll back and read earlier posts for quick info.

It’s not a bad sign that you have not heard back. Typically these things move slowly. It could be mid spring or early summer before anyone moves in. The is an unfinished building at the moment.

Submitting documents is no guarantee you will be offered a lease. Many more people are asked to submit documents than there unit typically. The building doesn’t know what % of people who are asked for documents will actually submit them, nor do they know how many might be disqualified. They don’t know how many households offered a lease will turn it down.

In this lottery at the 60% AMI and CB presence your chances are better if someone in the household is age 62+. There is a 90% preference in the lower AMI%s in this lottery. Thanks for sharing your AMI and CB preference.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:39 PM

25 posts, read 20,446 times
Default Just got the documentation request email

Just got the documentation request email for 280 W 24th... well, actually 3 duplicative emails and texts!

Log 2xx | not in CB 4 | 2 people, one 62+.

Applying for a 2 bedroom and looks like I'm only eligible for the 5 units in the 80% tier. Can't even go for a 1 bedroom: I miss the targets for any other unit/HHI. In 25+ years of applying to various city housing lotteries, I always seem to fall in some weird donut hole where I don't make enough or make too much or can't afford it because I'm at the bottom of the income range...

Anyway, gathering the docs and submitting but not holding out too much hope. Eager to hear any success stories. Best of luck to other hopefuls!

Old 02-22-2024, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,296 times
Anyone get to tour the apartment yet? I see the building is almost finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery