Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 08:41 PM

65 posts, read 47,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noone33 View Post
Did anyone hear anything?
my application is under review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 06:55 AM

8 posts, read 3,741 times
Same since February

Old 04-29-2024, 07:46 PM

33 posts, read 24,135 times
Me too, still under review since March 8th. No movement.

Noticed, finally, this week some they're moving through some of the market rate rentals. StreetEasy is pretty good with detailed info, check link under available units for VIEW UNAVAILABLE UNITS." It shows most units from the initial April offerings. It's still less than 20 posted at this point, far short of the 190 total units (including ~48 lottery units). Hope this picks up some steam soon.

Noticed a change in AMI ranges: rents and lower end of range are identical but upper ranges is higher. I think some other closed lotteries still in lease-up have bumped up everything: rent and lower/higher ranges.

Since I have the best lottery number I've ever had (but no CB preference), I spend WAAY too much time thinking about this one. Enjoy this AMI comparison for 60% & 80% 2 Bedrooms from March 22nd and April 29th. I did this when I should have been working today: https://imgur.com/a/Zy1rapk

Old 04-29-2024, 08:04 PM

1,757 posts, read 1,557,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfitz151 View Post

Noticed a change in AMI ranges: rents and lower end of range are identical but upper ranges is higher. I think some other closed lotteries still in lease-up have bumped up everything: rent and lower/higher ranges.
FYI, the AMI changes by HUD each year only directly impact the max income allowed for each AMI. Buildings set the rents and min income. Most of the time the rent and lower end of each bracket does not change.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:53 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,782,188 times
Default Valuable Graphic Illustration of AMI max income rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfitz151 View Post
Me too, still under review since March 8th. No movement.

Since I have the best lottery number I've ever had (but no CB preference), I spend WAAY too much time thinking about this one. Enjoy this AMI comparison for 60% & 80% 2 Bedrooms from March 22nd and April 29th. I did this when I should have been working today: https://imgur.com/a/Zy1rapk
Thank you for the valuable graphic.

Speculating on my part maybe they slowed the process to give households the benefit of the new max income limits that were effective on April 1.

I suppose some tenants will take up residence on or about May 1 both lottery and non lottery.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
FYI, the AMI changes by HUD each year only directly impact the max income allowed for each AMI. Buildings set the rents and min income. Most of the time the rent and lower end of each bracket does not change.
Good thing to know! I thought for sure I would be knocked out of range. thanks!

Old 04-30-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Thank you for the valuable graphic.

Speculating on my part maybe they slowed the process to give households the benefit of the new max income limits that were effective on April 1.

I suppose some tenants will take up residence on or about May 1 both lottery and non lottery.
thanks for calling out my graphic :-)

I was also guessing they slowed their roll to integrate the April AMI changes. Hoping something starts happening. Surprised not too many people post about this building considering the number units and great location... maybe lurkers or because of the 90% preference for a senior crowd (which is apparently now my crowd).

Old 05-14-2024, 08:45 AM

8 posts, read 3,741 times
I feel like this is taking forever

Old 05-14-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noone33 View Post
I feel like this is taking forever
Looks like the market rates are taking forever, too. I'm interested to see the floorplans for the lottery apartments. Only one market rate floorplan in the back of the building (facing other low rise brick buildings) has been online. Fingers crossed that this really gets going soon! good luck to you :-)

Old 05-20-2024, 06:29 PM

65 posts, read 53,582 times
Asked to submit docs log 15xxx 130AMI CB. Does anyone else have an update or have been able to tour any apts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery