Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 09:42 AM

4,802 posts, read 6,649,592 times

Advertisements

Just curious, what type of update would you expect from Penn South? I assume you're checking your place on the online portal.

When did they say it (the list?) would conclude by the end of April?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 10:15 AM

72 posts, read 47,830 times
We're waiting on our specific number which includes the folks in line from previous lists. And yup! They said the later half of April.

We received your application to join the waiting list for an apartment at Penn South.
The Penn South Management Office is currently reviewing all applications (those submitted online as well as by paper.) Upon completion of this review, eligible applicants will be added to our waiting lists and will be sent instructions on how to view their waiting list position on the Penn South External Applicant Portal. We expect the application review process to take approximately two months, concluding in the later half of April 2024.

Old 05-01-2024, 10:23 AM

4,802 posts, read 6,649,592 times
Thank you! Sorry for my question. I was thinking of the 2019 list, for some unknown reason.

I hope the 2023 folks start to hear back soon!

Old 05-01-2024, 06:58 PM

5,774 posts, read 2,676,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynkia View Post
Has anyone on the 2023 list gotten an update on their status? They said it would conclude by the end of April but I haven't gotten anything. But I also have had repeated issues with mail delivery so I don't know if I maybe missed the physical letter.
I mean it JUST turned May. Give some leeway.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I mean it JUST turned May. Give some leeway.
I could. Or I could do what I chose to do which is post my question.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I could. Or I could do what I chose to do which is post my question.
Well sit tight, I've been on the studio list for 5 years and still nearly 200 people on it. You aren't moving in anytime soon so waiting for the information from Penn South a little longer isn't gonna change much for you.

Old 05-02-2024, 11:36 AM

My initial question isn't about sitting tight, moving in soon, or waiting longer for information. As I clearly stated --- I have significant issues with my mail; Issues so significant that two local agencies in different states---- as well as one federal agency ---- are investigating. That said, anyone familiar with Penn South knows you have a certain amount of time to respond to correspondence. I asked whether there had been anything sent out so I could ensure I was not MISSING anything due to my very serious mail problems. If I were missing something - I would email Penn South before it turned into a bigger problem.

That said, perhaps don't assume you know why people are asking questions. If it's not a question you feel is worth a poster asking --- just don't answer. Super simple.

Old 05-02-2024, 11:53 AM

162 posts, read 100,375 times
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynkia View Post
my initial question isn't about sitting tight, moving in soon, or waiting longer for information. As i clearly stated --- i have significant issues with my mail; issues so significant that two local agencies in different states---- as well as one federal agency ---- are investigating. That said, anyone familiar with penn south knows you have a certain amount of time to respond to correspondence. I asked whether there had been anything sent out so i could ensure i was not missing anything due to my very serious mail problems. If i were missing something - i would email penn south before it turned into a bigger problem.

That said, perhaps don't assume you know why people are asking questions. If it's not a question you feel is worth a poster asking --- just don't answer. Super simple.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:31 PM

18 posts, read 12,462 times
Quote:
My initial question isn't about sitting tight, moving in soon, or waiting longer for information. As I clearly stated --- I have significant issues with my mail; Issues so significant that two local agencies in different states---- as well as one federal agency ---- are investigating. That said, anyone familiar with Penn South knows you have a certain amount of time to respond to correspondence. I asked whether there had been anything sent out so I could ensure I was not MISSING anything due to my very serious mail problems. If I were missing something - I would email Penn South before it turned into a bigger problem.

The initial letter won't have you do anything, it really does just give you your number and access to the portal. Only once they send you letters to view will you have to respond quickly (and I too was really worried about missing it as I moved up on the list!). I will also say, they generally take longer than they say they will...so don't worry too much (about Penn South mail, other mail FOR SURE) unless other folks start posting their lottery numbers.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:52 PM

Quote:

No need to take you anger out on another soon to be neighbor. You have mail issues that makes you angry. Take that else where then on a forum where people are trying to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth1281 View Post
The initial letter won't have you do anything, it really does just give you your number and access to the portal. Only once they send you letters to view will you have to respond quickly (and I too was really worried about missing it as I moved up on the list!). I will also say, they generally take longer than they say they will...so don't worry too much (about Penn South mail, other mail FOR SURE) unless other folks start posting their lottery numbers.
Yes what MaryBeth said. They letter won't have anything you have to reply to . PLUS They email you the portal information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery