Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2023, 02:45 AM

531 posts, read 410,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceobri View Post
excited to get log numbers for this one! so so beautiful. But if i'm over 2k - then I say - NOT BEAUTIFUL to make my hope not die
Are you in the same community board

If yes then you could have a much higher log number and still make it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2023, 05:11 AM

42 posts, read 30,931 times
fortunately I am! just down the street. i can yell them my log number and they'd hear it

Old 11-29-2023, 07:49 AM

390 posts, read 350,115 times
Okay guys. I'm not sure who this will help, but I met someone who moved into tower 77 recently at the coffee shop. She noted that even though it's under construction, market rate people are able to move in with about 3 months free. So far there about 20/25 people in, but more are moving in. The amenities are still under construction.

She stated that the apartment is nice, but the walls are flat paint. Coming from Eagle+West which has flat paint too, people may want to paint an extra layer on the walls to prevent scuffs/marks appearing so easily on the wall.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:23 AM

30 posts, read 34,505 times
My son father lives in eagle n west. It’s nice there. Im trying to get in this tower lol. But I just got picked for help Hinsdale . Not sure why I applied at the last minute but still got picked. Was trying to see something. But more I look into it I’m like praying tower 77 or 505 state picks me. Or anything that’s a 3 bedroom. So wonder if anyone got hit up yet though I know it ended a few days ago. Some buildings do move faster than others like that one in the Bronx. They were not playing after it ended they were picking ppl.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:34 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrudia View Post
Not sure why I applied at the last minute but still got picked. Was trying to see something.
When you apply during the timeframe they are accepting applications makes absolutely 0 difference on your odds of getting a low or high log #. All applications are randomized *after* the application period closes.

Old 11-30-2023, 08:40 AM

Thanks but I know that..

Old 11-30-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks but I know that..
Ok, when you said "Not sure why I applied at the last minute but still got picked." it sounded like you were wondering why you got picked when you applied at the last minute.

There is a pervasive myth on these forums that when you apply matters.

Old 11-30-2023, 10:25 AM

Yea I know it didn’t matter. I’m basically shocked I did it the last day was picked, just to see. But the ones I want I applied as I see them. And I still get picked. Think it cause of my preference it don’t matter when I apply. It’s just random luck pretty much. I just want that random luck for this one is all I’m saying lol

Old 11-30-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Yea I know it didn’t matter. I’m basically shocked I did it the last day was picked, just to see. But the ones I want I applied as I see them. And I still get picked. Think it cause of my preference it don’t matter when I apply. It’s just random luck pretty much. I just want that random luck for this one is all I’m saying lol
Right, your preference it likely the reason you were contacted. But it never matters when you apply for anyone, the preference doesn't factor into the log generation at all.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:25 PM

Ok ok cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery