Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2023, 04:01 PM

293 posts, read 223,878 times

Advertisements

Is the agency iafford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2023, 04:31 PM

534 posts, read 418,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Is the agency iafford?
I think same people different firm, they call themselves Affordable for NY.

https://afny.org

iAfford did get sued for discrimination and settled for $500k, maybe one of their agents did mess up and the judge found em responsible for some of the charges.

I think they rebranded or have two agencies now. Affordable for NY is definitely for lower AMI units, maybe iAfford still does higher AMI lotteries but this Affordable for NY agency is the one I see on the record for this lottery. People requested for docs can confirm ?

Old 12-18-2023, 08:12 AM

292 posts, read 273,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
awesome,

what is your ami and household size.

Preferences are a part of this lottery, 50% is for community board (people who live in the same community board as the building), 5% for mobility related disability, 2% for hearing/vision disability and 5% is for municipal employee.

Since you got contacted this quick you must be either in the CB or one of the preferences. Only after all preferences are accounted for they move to the general population (anyone outside of the community board but in the 5 boroughs)

Also the agency running this lottery is a part of Brittneys team, I wish all agencies aspired to be like her and her team, the work ethic / the transparency and effectiveness is second to none. If I was a developer I'd want someone like her agency help with my affordable lease up. In the near future I'd imagine her winning a lot of bids to do affordable units as I am sure her marketing material quantifying her speed and tactfulness is probably insanely impressive.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I work so incredibly hard so I am glad that comes across! You made my day!!!!

Old 12-18-2023, 08:30 AM

292 posts, read 273,162 times
Hi guys, I am so excited to get started on this project!

You know I love giving the inside scoop so here is what I've gathered for you so far.
Tower 77 has 2 towers (North & South) and 1 podium (base) that connects the towers.

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Community board will be up first, they will receive 50% of the units. The amenities are all on the 7th floor and they are insane! Basketball court on the roof!

Unit assignment:
As far as unit choice, since this is a massive building, we will be doing things a little differently. The project manager will be assigning units as opposed to letting applicants go through and choose their unit. Please trust that we are always offering you the *best* unit that we have! They will be hand chosen by me for you.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Good luck to all!

Old 12-18-2023, 08:39 AM

828 posts, read 771,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post

You know I love giving the inside scoop so here is what I've gathered for you so far.
Tower 77 has 2 towers (North & South) and 1 podium (base) that connects the towers.

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Community board will be up first, they will receive 50% of the units. The amenities are all on the 7th floor and they are insane! Basketball court on the roof!

Unit assignment:
As far as unit choice, since this is a massive building, we will be doing things a little differently. The project manager will be assigning units as opposed to letting applicants go through and choose their unit. Please trust that we are always offering you the *best* unit that we have! They will be hand chosen by me for you.

Good luck to all!
Thank you Brittany. Log 8,7xx. No CB. Lots of hope!

Old 12-18-2023, 09:01 AM

111 posts, read 135,635 times
Quote:

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Unit assignment:

Good luck to all!
Thank you so much Brittany for your transparency! Can you provide a bit of a timeline for contacting those with disability preference? My log# is 297xx but I'm praying for a miracle lol oh and maybe a terrace bwahahaha

Old 12-18-2023, 09:16 AM

534 posts, read 418,348 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I work so incredibly hard so I am glad that comes across! You made my day!!!!
Your hard work is appreciated and more importantly your transparency must be lauded.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:36 AM

61 posts, read 48,815 times
Quote:

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Unit assignment:

Good luck to all!
You’re the best, thank you Brittany for your transparency!! We need more of this!! Do you have an idea of which units would get Washers and dryers? Is it on a specific tower or some AMIs?

Old 12-18-2023, 10:38 AM

47 posts, read 38,863 times
Quote:

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Unit assignment:

Good luck to all!

If I qualify for a studio or 1Bdroom do I have a choice on what I get to pick? CB preference 100% AMI

Old 12-18-2023, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,113 times
Hi Brittany!

Thanks so much for this info. If I have been contacted about providing documentation does that mean there is an available unit I’m being considered for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery