Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2023, 09:44 AM

292 posts, read 271,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejedajt24 View Post
Hi Brittany ! Thank you so much for your transparency. My biggest question would be, does your agency/team typically get to all the applicants you reach out to? Thank you so much again for all your transparency.
I hope I understand your question correctly. It depends what your log number is and how many units we have available. Just because we reach out to an applicant to upload documents does not mean they are guaranteed a unit. But for this project we have 230 units so that is alot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
It means at this time your name is in the line for processing for a unit, if there are enough units and enough log numbers you will be considered till you sign the lease and make the unit yours.

Until you sign a lease you are just in the consideration and people with lower log numbers can account for the apartment you were asked to apply for.

In short nothing is yours till you sign the lease, so just keep following the steps and hope for the best.
I'm thinking around April we will get to the general population. But I'll keep you posted here

Old 12-23-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
Can you tell me what a typical letter that goes out asking for documents looks like? so i can scan my email... and wouild it come from housing or an agency?
You'll get an alert on your Housing Connect "action required"

Old 12-23-2023, 09:48 AM

86 posts, read 50,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enomis98 View Post
I honestly think there’s some confusion with low log numbers being guaranteed ins. I’ve had logs of 200 and no call. To be fair it was before the new lottery process so i could be wrong but just because you have a low number doesn’t mean you have a better chance of being called overall. Ofc anyone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s less of a lottery, in my opinion, if it’s not random. Maybe Brittany could explain.
I agree with you. I think low log PLUS preference usually prevails. I had a log of 2XX in a recent lottery, but no preference, so by the time my number was pulled, there weren't even any units left in my AMI. I qualified for 12 units and all 12 were filled before GP was even reached.

Old 12-23-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enomis98 View Post
I honestly think there’s some confusion with low log numbers being guaranteed ins. I’ve had logs of 200 and no call. To be fair it was before the new lottery process so i could be wrong but just because you have a low number doesn’t mean you have a better chance of being called overall. Ofc anyone correct me if I’m wrong but it’s less of a lottery, in my opinion, if it’s not random. Maybe Brittany could explain.
Lower log numbers certainly do have a better chance of receiving an apartment. We start from log number 1 and go up from there. That being said, always take notice of what preferences or set asides the lottery for a building has. Community board, mobillity, vision hearing...etc. They will go first before the general population.

Old 12-23-2023, 02:22 PM

12 posts, read 13,355 times
Log 1XXX with CB preference in 40%-50%, contacted and submitted on day log numbers were released. My first time being contacted in like 5 years. Staying optimistic and hoping for the best. Fingers crossed and thankful for the opportunity. I’ve visited friends at Eagle and honestly the commute, although a hassle, is not all too bad but would definitely recommend getting a citi bike account.

Old 12-26-2023, 07:31 AM

62 posts, read 44,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpalasick View Post
Yeah I have CB but am withdrawing. Good luck to all!
May I ask why you are withdrawing?

Old 12-27-2023, 06:19 AM

40 posts, read 40,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
No looks like 10k is the highest in CB that was asked to submit.
Was contacted on 12/22 to submit documents. My log number is 13xxx and I have CB preference

Old 12-27-2023, 09:12 AM

36 posts, read 36,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
Was contacted on 12/22 to submit documents. My log number is 13xxx and I have CB preference
INSANE i almost nevr see log numbers this high being contacted good luck.

Old 12-27-2023, 09:25 AM

64 posts, read 60,591 times
Log number 18XXX (CB) just contacted to submit documents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery