Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2023, 10:04 AM

14 posts, read 13,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
Just know that they are moving very quick. This is my first lottery and I’m only judging from reading other posts/threads, but I’ve already viewed, expressed interest, and signed more documents. It’s only been 3 weeks since initial contact, from what I’ve seen from other threads is a process that takes months.
you already saw units and signed contract/move in docs ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2023, 10:24 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Just know that they are moving very quick. This is my first lottery and I’m only judging from reading other posts/threads, but I’ve already viewed, expressed interest, and signed more documents. It’s only been 3 weeks since initial contact, from what I’ve seen from other threads is a process that takes months.
I hope they are moving quick but just note that the steps you mentioned don't necessarily mean you are near the end. Agencies do things in different orders, some have you view and confirm interest right after the initial docs request, others have those steps after the full documents review and multiple rounds of approval etc.

Old 12-29-2023, 10:30 AM

12 posts, read 13,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I hope they are moving quick but just note that the steps you mentioned don't necessarily mean you are near the end. Agencies do things in different orders, some have you view and confirm interest right after the initial docs request, others have those steps after the full documents review and multiple rounds of approval etc.
Completely agree and well aware, which is why I haven’t fully claimed that it is mine yet to avoid disappointment knowing that anything can happen, but I’m just awaiting HPD approval now, just wanted to inform that it’s began already.

Log 1,XXX. CB preference

Old 12-29-2023, 12:26 PM

40 posts, read 40,877 times
Quote:
Completely agree and well aware, which is why I haven’t fully claimed that it is mine yet to avoid disappointment knowing that anything can happen, but I’m just awaiting HPD approval now, just wanted to inform that it’s began already.

Log 1,XXX. CB preference
That’s great to hear! Hope everything moves along swiftly, keep us updated!

Old 12-29-2023, 02:05 PM

27 posts, read 24,898 times
Wow you are the first person I’ve seen on here who has been contacted thus far. How has the process been? I only received the initial contact from the first round of log numbers contacted a few weeks ago log 6,xxx with CB. How long did it take for them to reach out to you after initial contact if you don’t mind me asking? Did you get to your an apartment yet, I have a million questions lol. Feelings hopeful for this lotto but time and time again I learn it’s best to keep expectations low.

Old 12-29-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejedajt24 View Post
Wow you are the first person I’ve seen on here who has been contacted thus far. How has the process been? I only received the initial contact from the first round of log numbers contacted a few weeks ago log 6,xxx with CB. How long did it take for them to reach out to you after initial contact if you don’t mind me asking? Did you get to your an apartment yet, I have a million questions lol. Feelings hopeful for this lotto but time and time again I learn it’s best to keep expectations low.
By initial contact you mean they reached out after you submitted documents ? On the same boat of hoping to hear back soon, so many questions lol and so invested in others journeys while also hoping to have my own journey too. I’m Trying to be cautiously optimistic which is basically just me being anxious lol

Old 12-29-2023, 02:35 PM

46 posts, read 38,503 times
Also very thankful that I found the thread/forum but also makes me even more anxious about the process

Old 12-29-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citymapper View Post
Also very thankful that I found the thread/forum but also makes me even more anxious about the process
Seriously, if my one burning question can be answered then I can relax. Dying to know how many people are contacted to submit documents in each batch

Old 12-29-2023, 02:47 PM

27 posts, read 24,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
By initial contact you mean they reached out after you submitted documents ? On the same boat of hoping to hear back soon, so many questions lol and so invested in others journeys while also hoping to have my own journey too. I’m Trying to be cautiously optimistic which is basically just me being anxious lol
Exactly! I got the initial request to submit docs weeks ago, waiting optimistically for direct contact from the agency.

Old 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM

12 posts, read 13,370 times
Initial contact as in the first time they reached out for the first set of documents, which was the first day log numbers were released. Additional document request was two weeks after, and then from there everything was within two days. It has been extremely smooth and surprisingly quick as all I’ve read throughout combing this forum is how the process can take awhile. I really don’t want to raise false hopes or expectations because every case is different, and as we all know, just like applying to any of these, I just keep expectations very low and take it one step at a time. I’ve just been very fortunate. I’ve also submitted every document/signature/notarization within an hour from request. They weren’t kidding when they said this team works hard from what I can tell.

Good luck to all

Last edited by Brooklyn426; 12-29-2023 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: More details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery