Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2024, 09:46 AM

293 posts, read 273,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty2389 View Post
I thought that everything was done randomly. I have a log number of 44, *** but I have been assuming that the log numbers are picked out in a batch, so it won't go from 1,2,3... etc however but 3**, 45,***, 1,***... etc. starting from 3** then going up to the next number randomly picked. Is that not correct or how does it really work. I have worked with Iafford before and they are great but again my log number was high so even though I was contacted twice to submit paperwork, the project ran out of units. I was hoping for this one!! I really want to move! And I qualify for 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom. I wish everyone luck! and thank you Brittany for everything, you are the only marketing agent that communicates with us! @brittanyv616
Happy to clarify this! When you apply to the lottery you receive a random log number. But once we (the marketing agency) receives the "log book" (the list of applicants), we go in order. 1,2,3,4...etc. So it's only when you initially apply that it is random. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 9,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Happy to clarify this! When you apply to the lottery you receive a random log number. But once we (the marketing agency) receives the "log book" (the list of applicants), we go in order. 1,2,3,4...etc. So it's only when you initially apply that it is random. Does that make sense?
Hi brittanyv616
thank you so much for all these updates. we appreciate it.

can you please answer my question?
I was wondering if you have LOG number 9, XXX with CB and ME preferences. do you go by one preference? or do you consider both preferences? and do 2 preferences boost our chances?
thank you in advance

Old 01-06-2024, 06:17 PM

28 posts, read 30,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Thanks for your update & Good luck! What AMI are you in?
Thank you! I'm in 100% AMI!

Old 01-07-2024, 04:16 AM

40 posts, read 41,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylouwho123 View Post
Hi all! Just wanted to share my journey here in case anyone is interested. I am CB and my log number is 2XXX. I submitted my application on 9/25 and was initially contacted on 12/13 to submit the first set of documents. Then I was contacted on 1/2 for some additional documents. The day after (1/3) they reached out to me to have my employer fill out a form since they noticed a bonus check I had received and wanted to verify my total income. I was contacted that same day to schedule a viewing for the next day (1/4), which I attended.

I can confirm that the building was a dream. So spacious, beautiful, thoughtfully designed, and feels so luxurious. I was very impressed. I qualified for a studio as well as a 1BR.

Good luck, everyone!!!
Did the unit you viewed have a washer / dryer in it ?

Old 01-07-2024, 08:36 AM

21 posts, read 12,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Thank you.. I know that I don’t have a chance for this one with my log number being this high

Old 01-07-2024, 09:56 AM

188 posts, read 139,892 times
Every one has a chance even high log numbers! I’ve seen a lot of high log numbers winning an apartment because their AMI fell into the 100-130% brackets some even 165% bracket.

Old 01-07-2024, 12:56 PM

28 posts, read 30,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
Did the unit you viewed have a washer / dryer in it ?
I didn't get to see the exact unit I was assigned, but the studio I viewed did have washer and dryer in-unit!

Old 01-07-2024, 02:10 PM

9 posts, read 5,911 times
hello! does anyone know when they begin reviewing GP applications? fingers crossed, but i am in the 9,xxx range!

Old 01-07-2024, 03:51 PM

40 posts, read 41,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygal394 View Post
hello! does anyone know when they begin reviewing GP applications? fingers crossed, but i am in the 9,xxx range!
In earlier posts Brittany said around April

Old 01-07-2024, 04:22 PM

111 posts, read 135,746 times
I wonder when they'll get to disability preference...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery