Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2024, 03:26 PM

15 posts, read 7,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by avala View Post
Wanted to give everyone an update here, my friend was #95 - no CB preference. She fell between 2 AMIs and they told her she was ineligible. She filed an appeal since they never actually requested paperwork and when they finally responded they said "sorry there are no units left" !

Such a bummer!
My AMI 50 (no preference), and they told me the same - no units.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 04:57 PM

188 posts, read 136,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiiaH View Post
Did they tell you you were approved by HPD first then told you there were no more units?

Old 04-02-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiiaH View Post
Do you also know how how many bedrooms was your friend going for?

Old 04-02-2024, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larubiaxo View Post
Did they tell you you were approved by HPD first then told you there were no more units?
No, just said that no units and they said if an apartment appears for me, they will return to my number.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 2,166 times
do you get confirmation if your info is sent to HPD?

Old 04-02-2024, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush94 View Post
do you get confirmation if your info is sent to HPD?
Yes they will tell when your file is sent to HPD

Old 04-03-2024, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Hi guys, I am so excited to get started on this project!

You know I love giving the inside scoop so here is what I've gathered for you so far.
Tower 77 has 2 towers (North & South) and 1 podium (base) that connects the towers.

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Community board will be up first, they will receive 50% of the units. The amenities are all on the 7th floor and they are insane! Basketball court on the roof!

Unit assignment:
As far as unit choice, since this is a massive building, we will be doing things a little differently. The project manager will be assigning units as opposed to letting applicants go through and choose their unit. Please trust that we are always offering you the *best* unit that we have! They will be hand chosen by me for you.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Good luck to all!
Good day Brittany. Sorry if my question bothered you.
Perhaps you know and can give a little hope.
Many people are already writing that they are being told about the lack of available units.
Does this mean that they are completely over and we just sit and hope that someone will refuse or do you still have apartments left that will be available later?
Perhaps the building has not yet been completed and therefore there are no apartments available just at the moment?

Have a great day

Old 04-03-2024, 11:35 AM

11 posts, read 8,600 times
Providing an update since I just moved in to the north tower yesterday. So far everything went pretty smoothly. I scheduled my movers with the concierge and although it seemed it really was pointless since other were also just moving in themselves, it didn't cause any disruptions to my movers.

I received a link to the digital app the morning of my move-in date and was able to easily access my keys, and that is also where you do any maintenance request as well as provide digital keys to any guests. The only issues i found in the apartment was that the in-unit washing machine wasn't turning on, I submitted a maintenance ticket and it was resolved the same day! One of the windows doesn't seem to be locking fully so there is the slighted draft but I believe someone will eventually come check on that since it is an open ticket still.

Some additional notes about the building: It is still very much under construction, several of the elevators still have all the protection layers for the construction staff coming in and out. Some amenity rooms like the game room, pool and lounge room are closed off since it seems they are alls still being finished. Luckily the building is currently not charging for the finished amenity rooms so you can access the finished amenities like the work space and gym.

Concierge has been super helpful and answered most of the questions I've had. Overall its been a super smooth move-in.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:01 PM

27 posts, read 24,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogarcia View Post
Providing an update since I just moved in to the north tower yesterday. So far everything went pretty smoothly. I scheduled my movers with the concierge and although it seemed it really was pointless since other were also just moving in themselves, it didn't cause any disruptions to my movers.

I received a link to the digital app the morning of my move-in date and was able to easily access my keys, and that is also where you do any maintenance request as well as provide digital keys to any guests. The only issues i found in the apartment was that the in-unit washing machine wasn't turning on, I submitted a maintenance ticket and it was resolved the same day! One of the windows doesn't seem to be locking fully so there is the slighted draft but I believe someone will eventually come check on that since it is an open ticket still.

Some additional notes about the building: It is still very much under construction, several of the elevators still have all the protection layers for the construction staff coming in and out. Some amenity rooms like the game room, pool and lounge room are closed off since it seems they are alls still being finished. Luckily the building is currently not charging for the finished amenity rooms so you can access the finished amenities like the work space and gym.

Concierge has been super helpful and answered most of the questions I've had. Overall its been a super smooth move-in.
Thank you for your post!

A few others said something about a “move in fee”, can you confirm or deny whether this exists and if it’s refundable?

Was the unit cleaned and touched up as far as you can tell?

Are all the evelators in the north tower fully accessible at all times of the day?

As far as the completed amenities, your saying they are currently free of charge?

Thank you for all the insight!

Old 04-03-2024, 12:25 PM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogarcia View Post

This is all so great to hear. Thank you for this update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery