Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2024, 12:13 PM

268 posts, read 305,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
Sorry! I don't want to spread misinformation and I don't recall the thread. brooklynnyc718 posted the question clearer than I did.

Nine apartments available and request goes out to log 1-10.
If log #10 gets their documents in immediately on the same day as the request , #10 will still need to wait for the agent to process all log #1-9 documents that arrive before the deadline.
Logs 1-9 get it in by the deadline and qualify.
#10 will not get an apartment (this time)?
Yes #10 will have to wait for 1-9 to be processed, reviewed, accepted or denied before getting to #10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 12:21 PM

45 posts, read 33,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Yes #10 will have to wait for 1-9 to be processed, reviewed, accepted or denied before getting to #10.
I was processed, reviewed, accepted and shown an apartment, and told it was mine, but then 2 days later told it was given to someone else. One person at the agency suggested someone with a lower log number must have appealed their decision which bumped me out. Just an FYI that this can happen.

Old 01-12-2024, 01:37 PM

21 posts, read 20,712 times
Wow, that's discouraging :/

Old 01-12-2024, 02:51 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
I was processed, reviewed, accepted and shown an apartment, and told it was mine, but then 2 days later told it was given to someone else. One person at the agency suggested someone with a lower log number must have appealed their decision which bumped me out. Just an FYI that this can happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
Wow, that's discouraging :/
They shouldn't have told you it was yours at that point, that was their mistake and I'm sorry that happened Tears. In any case, everyone on here should remember that absolutely nothing is final until your lease is signed, no matter what anyone else tells you about your status.

Old 01-13-2024, 05:35 AM

40 posts, read 41,190 times
Let’s say,
You were asked to submit documents, and they get to your log number in processing your documents, but there are no more units left in your AMi.. what do they do ?

Old 01-13-2024, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
Let’s say,
You were asked to submit documents, and they get to your log number in processing your documents, but there are no more units left in your AMi.. what do they do ?
You’re put on a waitlist in case an application doesn’t go through, supposedly. But most of the time it becomes a mini lottery and you have to apply again so I don’t know why there is a “waitlist”

Old 01-13-2024, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
Yes it happens all the time. The apartment isn’t yours until the lease is signed unfortunately- regardless of what agent or paperwork says.

Old 01-13-2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
You’re put on a waitlist in case an application doesn’t go through, supposedly. But most of the time it becomes a mini lottery and you have to apply again so I don’t know why there is a “waitlist”
But they won’t respond to you right ? Until something becomes available ?

Old 01-14-2024, 01:00 PM

12 posts, read 13,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
Edit button is only available for a short time after you post, and then it goes away.

I’m in the same boat as you guys. Paperwork is with HPD. I wouldn’t stress it too much because there’s really not much you can do but be patient, it’s already moving very fast as it is. The building is beautiful, so I get the anxiousness, and am very excited and eager myself.
I’ve been fully approved! The team has been exceptional. Good luck to the rest of you and hope it goes as smoothly as it did for me!

Old 01-14-2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
I’ve been fully approved! The team has been exceptional. Good luck to the rest of you and hope it goes as smoothly as it did for me!
I’m so happy for you!! Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery