Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 09:11 AM

21 posts, read 20,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Tears View Post
I am not aware of 1 bedrooms available, but I think that info is on the Tower 77 Housing Connect page.
Did they confirm when you sent them the email on 1/9, having received the paper Brittany gave you?

I also viewed and sent the paper, but there is no answer yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 09:20 AM

28 posts, read 30,359 times
Quote:
Sept 26: Submitted app
Dec 13: The website sent a message asking me to submit docs, which I submitted the same day
Jan 8: An actual person contacted me to submit 2 more docs, which I quickly submitted and then received an email confirmation of receipt, and then I got a text message from Brittany scheduling a viewing for the next day
Jan 9 AM: visited apartment
Jan 9 PM: sent follow-up emails to confirm I want to proceed (as directed by Britany and a paper she gave me) and haven't heard anything back (but again, my apartment isn't ready until Spring and since they are moving so fast, I imagine I am not the priority right now)

I'm in the same boat! I also toured the building and was assigned a unit on a piece of paper and sent an email to the project manager confirming I wanted to proceed. I also have not heard anything back and my apartment unit is also not ready until Spring. Eeeep trying not too get to anxious and just trust that everything will work out! Good luck!!!

Old 01-11-2024, 09:27 AM

45 posts, read 32,213 times
I have a feeling if our apartments aren't ready until Spring, we probably won't hear from them for a bit. They are moving so fast it makes sense their focus is on the folks who are moving in NOW...I would think. Again, fingers crossed.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:34 AM

12 posts, read 13,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soby View Post
Hi! How you edit comments here?
Edit button is only available for a short time after you post, and then it goes away.

I’m in the same boat as you guys. Paperwork is with HPD. I wouldn’t stress it too much because there’s really not much you can do but be patient, it’s already moving very fast as it is. The building is beautiful, so I get the anxiousness, and am very excited and eager myself.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:04 PM

Oof. Was emailed today that the 1-bedroom I was told was mine has actually been given to a lower log number. Was asked if I wanted a studio instead. :0

Old 01-11-2024, 04:34 PM

46 posts, read 38,438 times
Quote:
Oof. Was emailed today that the 1-bedroom I was told was mine has actually been given to a lower log number. Was asked if I wanted a studio instead. :0
So 80% AMI CB 1 Bdrooms are gone?

Old 01-11-2024, 06:22 PM

40 posts, read 40,846 times
Quote:
I have a feeling if our apartments aren't ready until Spring, we probably won't hear from them for a bit. They are moving so fast it makes sense their focus is on the folks who are moving in NOW...I would think. Again, fingers crossed.
So they gave you an option to choose a unit that isn’t ready yet ?

Old 01-11-2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citymapper View Post
So 80% AMI CB 1 Bdrooms are gone?
Apparently they are unavailable for anyone with my log number (in the 3000s) and up.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
So they gave you an option to choose a unit that isn’t ready yet ?
Yes, but then they took that option away today (two days later) and said they gave it to someone else. It's very confusing. Waiting to hear more tomorrow...

Old 01-11-2024, 07:45 PM

66 posts, read 47,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
Edit button is only available for a short time after you post, and then it goes away.

I’m in the same boat as you guys. Paperwork is with HPD. I wouldn’t stress it too much because there’s really not much you can do but be patient, it’s already moving very fast as it is. The building is beautiful, so I get the anxiousness, and am very excited and eager myself.
Thank you so much for answering my question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery