Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2023, 09:27 AM

30 posts, read 29,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyc1 View Post
No, I currently live in the Upper West Side
ok so you would be gen pop, they haven't reached out to those people yet. They start with CB first. From reading previous posts, Britney said they would start around April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2023, 09:38 AM

40 posts, read 41,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymapper View Post
8XXX with CB preference submitted docs already
Fingers crossed for you! I have a 13xxx log number with CB preference too and have submitted my documents. Worried that the number might be too high to be called in for a tour

Old 12-28-2023, 09:59 AM

47 posts, read 38,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1102 View Post
Fingers crossed for you! I have a 13xxx log number with CB preference too and have submitted my documents. Worried that the number might be too high to be called in for a tour
That is what has been so confusing, the log number concept. I’ve heard that they go in order after CB or they don’t go in order if you have CB so many nuances. Best of luck, hopefully we both get calls!

Old 12-28-2023, 10:25 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymapper View Post
That is what has been so confusing, the log number concept. I’ve heard that they go in order after CB or they don’t go in order if you have CB so many nuances. Best of luck, hopefully we both get calls!
They always go in order but it's not straight order through all the numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. because of preferences. If you have CB, you are prioritized ahead of those without CB for 50% of the units. Within the pool of folks with CB, you are still processed in log # order. Say numbers 2, 4, and 5 have CB, they would be processed in that order for the CB units, before numbers 1, 3, and 6 are processed. Once the preference units are filled, everyone left (including people with CB who they didn't make it to before the CB units were filled) is processed in log order for the non-preference units.

Old 12-28-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Hi guys, I am so excited to get started on this project!

You know I love giving the inside scoop so here is what I've gathered for you so far.
Tower 77 has 2 towers (North & South) and 1 podium (base) that connects the towers.

We will start:

1) Podium
2) South Tower
3) North Tower

Community board will be up first, they will receive 50% of the units. The amenities are all on the 7th floor and they are insane! Basketball court on the roof!

Unit assignment:
As far as unit choice, since this is a massive building, we will be doing things a little differently. The project manager will be assigning units as opposed to letting applicants go through and choose their unit. Please trust that we are always offering you the *best* unit that we have! They will be hand chosen by me for you.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Good luck to all!
Hi Brittany!
I'm late to the thread lol, was wondering how many people/ log numbers are contacted in each batch when asking to submit documents?

Also thanks so much for the transparency!

Old 12-28-2023, 07:09 PM

6 posts, read 6,544 times
Does anyone know whether the amenities require an extra fee for lottery residents and how much these types of buildings generally charge for that if?

Old 12-28-2023, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc76112 View Post
Does anyone know whether the amenities require an extra fee for lottery residents and how much these types of buildings generally charge for that if?
Definitely curious about this too, I've been reading threads from other buildings and some of them seem so pricey! I hope that's not the case here

Old 12-29-2023, 09:53 AM

12 posts, read 13,421 times
Just know that they are moving very quick. This is my first lottery and I’m only judging from reading other posts/threads, but I’ve already viewed, expressed interest, and signed more documents. It’s only been 3 weeks since initial contact, from what I’ve seen from other threads is a process that takes months.

Old 12-29-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
Just know that they are moving very quick. This is my first lottery and I’m only judging from reading other posts/threads, but I’ve already viewed, expressed interest, and signed more documents. It’s only been 3 weeks since initial contact, from what I’ve seen from other threads is a process that takes months.
Can I ask what your log number was ?

Old 12-29-2023, 10:03 AM

47 posts, read 38,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn426 View Post
Do you have preference? What AMI? Log?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery